Bryce D McLeod
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- The therapy process observational coding system-alliance scale: measure characteristics and prediction of outcome in usual clinical practiceBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0489, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 73:323-33. 2005..The findings held up well after confounding variables were controlled, which suggests that both child-therapist and parent-therapist alliance play key (and potentially different) roles in the outcome of treatment as usual...
- Examining the association between parenting and childhood anxiety: a meta-analysisBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 27:155-72. 2007..Overall, however, the modest association between parenting and child anxiety suggests that understanding the origins of children's anxiety will require identifying factors other than parenting that account for the bulk of the variance...
- Examining the association between parenting and childhood depression: a meta-analysisBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 27:986-1003. 2007..In all, the modest association between parenting and childhood depression indicates that factors other than parenting may account for the preponderance of variance in childhood depression...
- Does cognitive behavioral therapy for youth anxiety outperform usual care in community clinics? An initial effectiveness testMichael A Southam-Gerow
Department of Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:1043-52. 2010..The present study used a more stringent effectiveness design to test CBT versus UC in youths referred to community clinics, with all treatment provided by therapists employed in the clinics...
- The Therapy Process Observational Coding System for Child Psychotherapy-Strategies ScaleBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 806 West Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23284 2018, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 39:436-43. 2010..The TPOCS-S showed good interrater reliability, its 5 subscales (e.g., Behavioral, Cognitive, Psychodynamic, Client-Centered, Family) showed good internal consistency, and analyses supported TPOCS-S validity...
- Relation of the alliance with outcomes in youth psychotherapy: a meta-analysisBryce D McLeod
Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 31:603-16. 2011..Addressing existing knowledge and measurement gaps in the field may therefore lead to a more robust estimate of the alliance-outcome association in youth psychotherapy...
- Parenting and childhood anxiety: theory, empirical findings, and future directionsJeffrey J Wood
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 44:134-51. 2003..Improved methodological designs are proposed, including the use of repeated-measure and experimental designs for examining the direction of effects...