Bryce D McLeod
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Advances in evidence-based intervention and assessment practices for youth with an autism spectrum disorderBryce D McLeod
Virginia Commonwealth University Electronic address
Behav Ther 46:1-6. 2015..We conclude with a brief description of each of the seven papers in the series. ..
- Relation of the alliance with outcomes in youth psychotherapy: a meta-analysisBryce D McLeod
Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 31:603-16. 2011..Addressing existing knowledge and measurement gaps in the field may therefore lead to a more robust estimate of the alliance-outcome association in youth psychotherapy...
- The Therapy Process Observational Coding System for Child Psychotherapy-Strategies ScaleBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, 806 West Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23284 2018, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 39:436-43. 2010..The TPOCS-S showed good interrater reliability, its 5 subscales (e.g., Behavioral, Cognitive, Psychodynamic, Client-Centered, Family) showed good internal consistency, and analyses supported TPOCS-S validity...
- Examining the association between parenting and childhood depression: a meta-analysisBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 27:986-1003. 2007..In all, the modest association between parenting and childhood depression indicates that factors other than parenting may account for the preponderance of variance in childhood depression...
- Does cognitive behavioral therapy for youth anxiety outperform usual care in community clinics? An initial effectiveness testMichael A Southam-Gerow
Department of Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:1043-52. 2010..The present study used a more stringent effectiveness design to test CBT versus UC in youths referred to community clinics, with all treatment provided by therapists employed in the clinics...
- Do treatment manuals undermine youth-therapist alliance in community clinical practice?David A Langer
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 79:427-32. 2011..Some critics of treatment manuals have argued that their use may undermine the quality of the client-therapist alliance. This notion was tested in the context of youth psychotherapy delivered by therapists in community clinics...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy versus usual clinical care for youth depression: an initial test of transportability to community clinics and cliniciansJohn R Weisz
Department of Psychology, Harvard University and Judge Baker Children s Center, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 77:383-96. 2009..The findings showed advantages for CBT in parent engagement, reduced use of medication and other services, overall cost, and possibly speed of improvement--a hypothesis that warrants testing in future research...
- Effectiveness of modular CBT for child anxiety in elementary schoolsAngela W Chiu
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Sch Psychol Q 28:141-53. 2013..Results suggest that modular CBT delivered within the elementary school setting may be effective for the treatment of child anxiety disorders. A replication of the study results with a larger sample is indicated...
- Examining the association between parenting and childhood anxiety: a meta-analysisBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, USA
Clin Psychol Rev 27:155-72. 2007..Overall, however, the modest association between parenting and child anxiety suggests that understanding the origins of children's anxiety will require identifying factors other than parenting that account for the bulk of the variance...
- The therapy process observational coding system-alliance scale: measure characteristics and prediction of outcome in usual clinical practiceBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0489, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 73:323-33. 2005..The findings held up well after confounding variables were controlled, which suggests that both child-therapist and parent-therapist alliance play key (and potentially different) roles in the outcome of treatment as usual...
- Parenting and childhood anxiety: theory, empirical findings, and future directionsJeffrey J Wood
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 44:134-51. 2003..Improved methodological designs are proposed, including the use of repeated-measure and experimental designs for examining the direction of effects...
- Measuring treatment differentiation for implementation research: the Therapy Process Observational Coding System for Child Psychotherapy Revised Strategies scaleBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University
Psychol Assess 27:314-25. 2015..The findings support the potential of the TPOCS-RS Cognitive and Behavioral subscales to assess treatment differentiation in implementation research. Results for the remaining subscales are promising, although further research is needed...
- Using dissertations to examine potential bias in child and adolescent clinical trialsBryce D McLeod
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 72:235-51. 2004....