Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Tryptophan degradation in women with breast cancer: a pilot studyDebra E Lyon
Department of Family and Community Health Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing, 1100 East Leigh Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23298, USA
BMC Res Notes 4:156. 2011..abstract:..
- Implementing a comprehensive approach to the study of health dynamics using the psychoneuroimmunology paradigmNancy L McCain
Department of Adult Health, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 28:320-32. 2005..The examples address disease-specific measures for assessing the components of the PNI-based framework...
- Psychoneuroimmunology, spirituality, and cancerNancy L McCain
School of Nursing and Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1220 E Broad St, Richmond, VA 23298 0567, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:S121. 2005
- A randomized clinical trial of alternative stress management interventions in persons with HIV infectionNancy L McCain
School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:431-41. 2008..Despite modest effects of the interventions on psychosocial functioning, robust findings of improved immune function have important clinical implications, particularly for persons with immune-mediated illnesses...
- A model of neurodevelopmental risk and protection for preterm infantsRita H Pickler
Department of Family and Community Health Nursing, School of Nursing, VCU Health System, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Perinat Neonatal Nurs 24:356-65. 2010..Finding ways to better understand the complex relationships among NICU-based interventions and long-term outcomes are important to guiding caregiving practices in the NICU...
- Effects of stress management on PNI-based outcomes in persons with HIV diseaseNancy L McCain
School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing, Richmond, VA 23298 0567, USA
Res Nurs Health 26:102-17. 2003..The findings point to a pressing need for further, well-controlled research with these common intervention modalities...
- Measuring stress and immune response in healthcare professionals following interaction with a therapy dog: a pilot studySandra B Barker
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, P O Box 980710, Richmond, VA 23298 0710, USA
Psychol Rep 96:713-29. 2005..Findings also suggest stress reduction in healthcare professionals may occur after as little as 5 min. of interaction with a therapy dog and warrants further investigation...
- Research on psychoneuroimmunology: tai chi as a stress management approach for individuals with HIV diseaseJo Lynne W Robins
Integrating Wellness, Inc, Richmond, VA 23235, USA
Appl Nurs Res 19:2-9. 2006....
- Cytokine comparisons between women with breast cancer and women with a negative breast biopsyDebra E Lyon
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Nursing, PO Box 980567, 1100 East Leigh St, Richmond, VA 23219 0567, USA
Nurs Res 57:51-8. 2008..Because cytokines operate in integrated networks, a more complete understanding will be gained as multiple cytokines can be examined for patterns of response that may be associated with symptoms and prognosis...
- PNI-BASED STRESS MANAGEMENT IN EARLY BREAST CANCERNancy McCain; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ALTERNATIVE STRESS MANAGEMENT APPROACHES IN HIV DISEASENancy McCain; Fiscal Year: 2004..Multiple indicators derived from the PNI paradigm will measure these three outcome domains, along with neuroendocrine mediation. ..