Jennifer I Manuel
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Factors associated with initiation on clozapine and on other antipsychotics among Medicaid enrolleesJennifer I Manuel
School of Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1001 West Franklin St, Room 205, Richmond, VA 23284 2027, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:1146-9. 2012..Demographic and clinical factors associated with starting clozapine and other antipsychotics were examined...
- The influence of stress and social support on depressive symptoms in mothers with young childrenJennifer I Manuel
School of Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284, USA
Soc Sci Med 75:2013-20. 2012..Future efforts are needed to strengthen social support and mitigate chronic stressors that contribute to mental health problems in low-income communities...
- "I hope I can make it out there": perceptions of women with severe mental illness on the transition from hospital to communityJennifer I Manuel
School of Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1001 West Franklin Street, Richmond, VA 23223, USA
Community Ment Health J 48:302-8. 2012..The supports that women described as important were an orientation to the neighborhood and residence, access to treatment support with flexibility, and connection to social supports...
- Use of intervention strategies by assertive community treatment teams to promote patients' engagementJennifer I Manuel
School of Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:579-85. 2013..Individual and organizational characteristics that may be associated with these practices were identified...
- Implementing evidence-based practice: practitioner assessment of an agency-based training programSarah E Bledsoe-Mansori
School of Social Work, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 3550, USA
J Evid Based Soc Work 10:73-90. 2013..Based on the findings from this study the authors suggest that the BEST training was generally acceptable to agency team members, but not sufficient to sustain the use of EBP in practice...