Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Awareness of publication guidelines and the responsible conduct of researchKirsten A Barrett
The Philips Institute, Virginia Commonwealth University, PO Box 980566, Richmond, VA 23298 0566, USA
Account Res 12:193-206. 2005..The findings suggest that awareness and utilization of guidelines are, at best, only modestly associated with more ethically appropriate judgments and attitudes about author roles and responsibilities among novice F32's...
- Scientific societies and promotion of the responsible conduct of research: codes, policies, and educationFrancis L Macrina
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0568, USA
Acad Med 82:865-9. 2007..The examples provided demonstrate the components of a model for all scientific societies to follow in promoting RCR...
- Teaching authorship and publication practices in the biomedical and life sciencesFrancis L Macrina
VCU Philips Institute and Office of Research, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0568, USA
Sci Eng Ethics 17:341-54. 2011..These common elements provide a foundation for teaching about scientific authorship and publication practices across biomedical and life sciences disciplines...
- Training NIH K award recipients: the role of the mentorELIZABETH RIPLEY
Division of Nephrology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Clin Transl Sci 5:386-93. 2012..This study was designed to determine characteristics of NIH mentored K award recipients and their mentors, their interpersonal interactions, and the factors, which influence satisfaction within this relationship...
- Vaccination with FimA from Streptococcus parasanguis protects rats from endocarditis caused by other viridans streptococciTodd Kitten
The Philips Institute of Oral and Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Department of Adult Health Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Infect Immun 70:422-5. 2002..mitis, S. mutans, and S. salivarius. FimA thus has promise as a vaccinogen to control infective endocarditis caused by oral streptococci...
- Guiding the next generation of NIH investigators in responsible conduct of research: the role of the mentorELIZABETH RIPLEY
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Account Res 19:209-19. 2012..We conclude the mentor's role is important but not optimal based on the results of our study cohort...
- Authorship and publication practices: evaluation of the effect of responsible conduct of research instruction to postdoctoral traineesCarolyn L Funk
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0568, USA
Account Res 14:269-305. 2007..Instead, we believe our data reinforce the importance of careful articulation of course goals and objectives with attention to the background and experience of the student audience when developing RCR curricula...
- Genome of the opportunistic pathogen Streptococcus sanguinisPing Xu
Center for the Study of Biological Complexity, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23284 2030, USA
J Bacteriol 189:3166-75. 2007..In particular, S. sanguinis possesses a remarkable abundance of putative surface proteins, which may permit it to be a primary colonizer of the oral cavity and agent of streptococcal endocarditis and infection in neutropenic patients...
- Effectiveness of RCR InstructionFRANCIS MACRINA; Fiscal Year: 2003..Although our study focuses solely on authorship and publication practices, we expect our approach will set the stage for parallel studies in other core topic areas. ..
- CONSTRUCTION OF SIGNALLING FACILITYFRANCIS MACRINA; Fiscal Year: 2002..The long-term objective of this application is to provide new infrastructure that will stimulate the development of a nationally recognized center of expertise in the field of cellular and molecular signaling. ..
- STREPTOCOCCUS SANGUIS MICROBIAL GENOME PROJECTFRANCIS MACRINA; Fiscal Year: 2002..This, in turn, will provide researchers with new targets for vaccines and rationally designed drugs. ..
- Novel Plasmids for Porphyromonas Post-Genomic ResearchFRANCIS MACRINA; Fiscal Year: 2006..Distribute these new genetic tools and knowledge about their use to workers studying Porphyromonas gingivalis and other black pigmented Gram-negative anaerobes. ..