P B Kaplowitz
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Weight relative to height before and during growth hormone therapy in prepubertal childrenP B Kaplowitz
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0140, USA
Horm Metab Res 30:565-9. 1998..Because children with neoplasm-related OGHD were overweight at baseline, the decline in WTHTZ during the first year of rhGH therapy suggests that loss of fat mass is the predominant effect in this subgroup...
- Reexamination of the age limit for defining when puberty is precocious in girls in the United States: implications for evaluation and treatment. Drug and Therapeutics and Executive Committees of the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine SocietyP B Kaplowitz
Department of Pediatrics, the Medical College of Virginia of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Pediatrics 104:936-41. 1999..No changes in the current guidelines for evaluating boys (signs of puberty at younger than 9 years) can be made at this time.normal puberty, breast development, pubic hair...
- Earlier onset of puberty in girls: relation to increased body mass index and raceP B Kaplowitz
Department of Pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Pediatrics 108:347-53. 2001....
- Precocious puberty in girls and the risk of a central nervous system abnormality: the elusive search for diagnostic certaintyPaul Kaplowitz
Department of Pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Pediatrics 109:139-41. 2002
- Third-year medical student survey of office preceptorships during the pediatric clerkshipN Jospe
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at Strong University of Rochester, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:592-6. 2001..To assess medical students' interest in a career in pediatrics following their categorical pediatric clerkship...
- Clinical characteristics of 104 children referred for evaluation of precocious pubertyPaul Kaplowitz
Department of Endocrinology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3644-50. 2004..Most girls presenting with minimal breast or pubic hair development and normal growth velocity may be managed with observation and without a full endocrine evaluation...
- Precocious puberty: update on secular trends, definitions, diagnosis, and treatmentPaul Kaplowitz
George Washington University School of Medicine, Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Adv Pediatr 51:37-62. 2004
- Steroid profiles in serum by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry in infants with genital hairPaul Kaplowitz
Department of Endocrinolog, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:597-605. 2007..In recent years, an increasing number of infants have been seen with fine hair in the genital area and no other signs of androgen excess, but the hormonal basis of this finding is unknown...