Rita A Jablonski
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- The role of biobehavioral, environmental, and social forces on oral health disparities in frail and functionally dependent nursing home eldersRita A Jablonski
School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298, USA
Biol Res Nurs 7:75-82. 2005..Investigators willing to embrace this cause will have no shortage of opportunities to test methods to improve the delivery of oral care as well as to monitor and reassess these methods...
- Profile of nursing home residents with dementia who require assistance with mouth careRita A Jablonski
School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Development, University Park, PA, USA
Geriatr Nurs 32:439-46. 2011..Best practices for implementing verbal and physical assistance during mouth care to persons with dementia are presented on the basis of these profiles...
- No more fighting and biting during mouth care: applying the theoretical constructs of threat perception to clinical practiceRita A Jablonski
School of Nursing, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Res Theory Nurs Pract 25:163-75. 2011..Nurses can safely and effectively provide mouth care to persons with dementia who resist care by using personalized combinations of 15 threat reduction strategies...
- Mouth care in nursing homes: knowledge, beliefs, and practices of nursing assistantsRita A Jablonski
School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Development, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
Geriatr Nurs 30:99-107. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the knowledge, beliefs, and practices of nursing assistants (NAs) providing oral hygiene care to frail elders in nursing homes, with the intent of developing an educational program for NAs...
- An intervention to reduce care-resistant behavior in persons with dementia during oral hygiene: a pilot studyRita A Jablonski
School of Nursing, Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
Spec Care Dentist 31:77-87. 2011..43 CRBs/minute (SD = 4.26) to 1.09 CRBs/minute (SD = 1.56, t = 1.97, df 41, p= .06). The findings from this pilot study suggest that the MOUTh intervention is feasible and reduced CRBs, thus allowing more effective oral care...
- Care intervention for older adults with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias: effect of family involvement on cognitive and functional outcomes in nursing homesRita A Jablonski
School of Nursing, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 31:38-48. 2005..Increased family involvement did slow global deterioration in individuals with ADRD. The findings of the study show that more factors need to be examined to discover those interventions that preserve functional and cognitive abilities...
- Decisions about transfer from nursing home to emergency departmentRita A Jablonski
Pennsylvania State University, School of Nursing, Univeristy Park, PA 16802, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 39:266-72. 2007..To describe how decisions occurred to transfer nursing home (NH) residents to emergency departments (EDs)...
- IMPROVING ORAL CARE PROVIDED BY NURSING ASSISTANTSRita Jablonski; Fiscal Year: 2005..A sustained effect will be measured by the plaque scores measured at weeks 8 and 12. ..