Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Survival factor-induced extracellular signal-regulated kinase phosphorylates BIM, inhibiting its association with BAX and proapoptotic activityHisashi Harada
Department of Internal Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:15313-7. 2004..Thus, ERK/mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent phosphorylation of BIM in response to survival factor regulates BIM/BAX interaction and the pro-death activity of BIM...
- MEK1/2 inhibitors potentiate UCN-01 lethality in human multiple myeloma cells through a Bim-dependent mechanismXin Yan Pei
Departments of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Massey Cancer Center, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Blood 110:2092-101. 2007....
- The BH3-only protein Bim plays a critical role in leukemia cell death triggered by concomitant inhibition of the PI3K/Akt and MEK/ERK1/2 pathwaysMohamed Rahmani
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University and Massey Cancer Center, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Blood 114:4507-16. 2009..Collectively, these findings suggest that Bim, and Mcl-1, but not Bad, integrate death signaling triggered by concomitant disruption of the PI3K/Akt and MEK1/2/ERK1/2 pathways in human leukemia cells...
- Targeting the regulatory machinery of BIM for cancer therapyHisashi Harada
Department of Oral and Craniofacial Molecular Biology, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University Health Sciences System, Richmond VA, 23298, USA
Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 22:117-29. 2012..It is likely that evolving insights into the factors that regulate BIM expression will ultimately lead to novel BIM-based therapeutic strategies in the future...
- Mcl-1 down-regulation potentiates ABT-737 lethality by cooperatively inducing Bak activation and Bax translocationShuang Chen
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University and Massey Cancer Center, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Cancer Res 67:782-91. 2007..These findings provide a mechanistic basis for simultaneously targeting Mcl-1 and Bcl-2/Bcl-xL in leukemia...
- 17-Allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin enhances the lethality of deoxycholic acid in primary rodent hepatocytes and established cell linesClint Mitchell
Department of Biochemistry, Massey Cancer Center, Box 980035, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0035, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:618-32. 2007....
- Erythropoietin-induced phosphorylation/degradation of BIM contributes to survival of erythroid cellsRandolph M Abutin
Department of Pharmacology, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0035, USA
Exp Hematol 37:151-8. 2009..We investigated here the role of BIM in erythropoietin (EPO)-mediated survival in erythroid cells...
- p38-MAP kinase activation followed by BIM induction is essential for glucocorticoid-induced apoptosis in lymphoblastic leukemia cellsJianghua Lu
Department of Internal Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical Sciences Building 215, Richmond, 23298, USA
FEBS Lett 580:3539-44. 2006..These findings indicate that BIM induction through p38-MAPK activation is a critical pathway in GC-induced cell death...
- MEK1/2 inhibitors sensitize Bcr/Abl+ human leukemia cells to the dual Abl/Src inhibitor BMS-354/825Tri K Nguyen
Department of Medicine, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, 401 College Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Blood 109:4006-15. 2007..Together, these findings suggest that strategies combining dasatanib with MEK1/2 inhibitors warrant further investigation in Bcr/Abl(+) malignancies, particularly in the setting of imatinib mesylate-resistant disease...
- OSU-03012 promotes caspase-independent but PERK-, cathepsin B-, BID-, and AIF-dependent killing of transformed cellsAdly Yacoub
Department of Biochemistry, Massey Cancer Center Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0058, USA
Mol Pharmacol 70:589-603. 2006....
- Apoptosis regulatorsHisashi Harada
Department of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, MCV Station, Box 230, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Rev Clin Exp Hematol 7:117-38. 2003..It is likely that an improved understanding of apoptosis regulation will lead to new insights into neoplastic transformation, and may also provide important leads for the development of novel antileukemic strategies...
- Apoptosis Induced by Glucocorticoids and MEK1/2 Inhibitors in LeukemiaHisashi Harada; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Apoptosis Induced by Glucocorticoids and MEK1/2 Inhibitors in LeukemiaHisashi Harada; Fiscal Year: 2010....