John C Gunsolley
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Clinical efficacy of antimicrobial mouthrinsesJohn C Gunsolley
Department of Periodontics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Dent 38:S6-10. 2010..The goal of this report is to present the current state of the evidence evaluating the efficacy of anti-plaque, anti-gingivitis mouthrinses and to determine the clinical relevance of the evidence...
- A meta-analysis of six-month studies of antiplaque and antigingivitis agentsJohn C Gunsolley
Department of Periodontics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1649-57. 2006..In addition, the author solicited unpublished studies from manufacturers...
- Dental anatomy carving computer-assisted instruction program: an assessment of student performance and perceptionsElizabeth T Nance
Department of General Practice, School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0566, USA
J Dent Educ 73:972-9. 2009..Students from both groups said they wanted more faculty feedback in the course. Based on these objective and subjective data, merging CAI and traditional laboratory teaching may best enhance student learning needs...
- Comparisons of National Board Part II and NERB's written examination for outcomes and redundancyRichard R Ranney
Department of Periodontics, Dental School, University of Maryland, 666 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Dent Educ 68:29-34. 2004..The results of this study suggest that the DSCE does not materially assist in the licensure decision for candidates who passed the NBDE Part II, as the results on the two exams are very similar...
- Surgical therapies for the treatment of gingival recession. A systematic reviewThomas W Oates
Department of Periodontics, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Ann Periodontol 8:303-20. 2003..A variety of soft tissue augmentation procedures directed at root coverage have been documented in the literature utilizing autogenous or allogenic soft tissue grafting or guided tissue regeneration (GTR)...
- The efficacy of bone replacement grafts in the treatment of periodontal osseous defects. A systematic reviewMark A Reynolds
Department of Periodontics, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Periodontol 8:227-65. 2003....
- The effects of a calorie-reduced diet on periodontal inflammation and disease in a non-human primate modelGrishondra L Branch-Mays
Department of Periodontics, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Periodontol 79:1184-91. 2008..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinical effects of a long-term calorie-restriction (CR) diet on periodontitis in an animal model of periodontitis...
- Effects of caloric restriction on inflammatory periodontal diseaseMark A Reynolds
Department of Periodontics, University of Maryland, Dental School, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nutrition 25:88-97. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of long-term CR on naturally occurring chronic inflammatory periodontal disease in a nonhuman primate model...
- Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapyJ Max Goodson
Department of Clinical Research, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Periodontol 78:1568-79. 2007..DNA probe analysis for 40 bacteria was used to evaluate the oral bacteria of 127 subjects with moderate to advanced chronic periodontitis...
- The Periodontitis and Vascular Events (PAVE) pilot study: recruitment, retention, and community care controlsDavid J Couper
Department of Biostatistics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Periodontol 79:80-9. 2008....
- The Periodontitis and Vascular Events (PAVE) pilot study: adverse eventsJames D Beck
Department of Dental Ecology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Periodontol 79:90-6. 2008..This article describes the occurrence of adverse events during the pilot study...
- Periodontal host modulation with antiproteinase, anti-inflammatory, and bone-sparing agents. A systematic reviewMichael S Reddy
University of Alabama, Birmingham School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Ann Periodontol 8:12-37. 2003....
- Mechanical therapy with adjunctive minocycline microspheres reduces red-complex bacteria in smokersSara G Grossi
Department of Pediatrics, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
J Periodontol 78:1741-50. 2007..We examined the antimicrobial and clinical effects of scaling and root planing (SRP) with and without minocycline HCl 1 mg microspheres (MM) relative to smoking status in subjects with periodontitis...