Affiliation: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- The two odors of iron when touched or pickled: (skin) carbonyl compounds and organophosphinesDietmar Glindemann
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 418 Durham Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:7006-9. 2006
- Role of protein, amino acids, and enzyme activity on odor production from anaerobically digested and dewatered biosolidsMatthew J Higgins
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA 17837, USA
Water Environ Res 80:127-35. 2008..The results showed that the bound cake protein content and methionine content was well-correlated with VSC production and the detection threshold measured by the odor panel...
- Generation pattern of sulfur containing gases from anaerobically digested sludge cakesJohn T Novak
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
Water Environ Res 78:821-7. 2006..The data show that anaerobic digestion does not eliminate the odor potential of anaerobically digested dewatered cakes...
- Cycling of volatile organic sulfur compounds in anaerobically digested biosolids and its implications for odorsMatthew J Higgins
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania 17837, USA
Water Environ Res 78:243-52. 2006....
- Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) waste residues and municipal waste water odor by dimethyl sulfide (DMS): the north-east WPCP plant of PhiladelphiaDietmar Glindemann
Glindemann Environmental Services, Goettinger Bogen 15, D 06126 Halle, Germany
Environ Sci Technol 40:202-7. 2006....
- Phosphine from rocks: mechanically driven phosphate reduction?Dietmar Glindemann
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Virginia Tech, 418 Durham Hall, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:8295-9. 2005..This reaction pathway may be considered a mechano-chemical analogue of phosphate reduction from lightning or electrical discharges and may contribute to phosphine production via tectonic forces and processing of rocks...
- Effect of pH on phosphine production and the fate of phosphorus during anaerobic process with granular sludgeLili Ding
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, School of Environment, Nanjing University, 22 Hankou Road, Nanjing, 210093, P.R. China
Chemosphere 59:49-54. 2005..The promotion of phosphine formation by low pH is compatible with an acidic bio-corrosion mechanism of metal particles in the sludge or of metal phosphides which form phosphine at low pH...
- Analysis of reduced phosphorus in samples of environmental interestSiyuan C Morton
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061, USA
Environ Sci Technol 39:4369-76. 2005..The new IC-ICP-ES technique is a promising tool for use in corrosion and soil research where phosphites are likely to be present...
- Temporal and spatial distributions of phosphine in Taihu Lake, ChinaXiaojun Niu
State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resources Reuse Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Sci Total Environ 323:169-78. 2004..The local average values of the phosphine concentrations were from 21550 to 563,100 pg/kg. Its highest value was 919,238 pg/kg at 6# site (Zhihu harbor), a severely polluted sampling site...
- Phosphine in various matrixesSheng-Hui Han
National Key Laboratory of Aquatic Chemistry, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, Beijing 100085, China
J Environ Sci (China) 15:339-41. 2003..The correlation between matrix bound phosphine concentrations and organic phosphorus contents in sediment samples is discussed...
- Tropospheric phosphine and its sources in coastal antarcticaRenbin Zhu
Institute of Polar Environment, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei City, Anhui Province 230026, PR China
Environ Sci Technol 40:7656-61. 2006..Significant concentrations of phosphine occur in the atmosphere of coastal Antarctica and confirm the existence of a small gaseous link in the phosphorus cycle of the Antarctic tundra ecosystem...
- Phosphates, phosphites, and phosphides in environmental samplesSiyuan C Morton
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 407 Durham Hall, Mail Code 0246, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0246, USA
Environ Sci Technol 37:1169-74. 2003..Despite analytical limitations, clear evidence was gathered that reduced phosphorus compounds can be leached from cast iron to water and that reduced phosphorus is also present in the scale (rust) that forms on the metal...