Darlene H Brunzell
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Low dose nicotine and antagonism of β2 subunit containing nicotinic acetylcholine receptors have similar effects on affective behavior in miceShawn M Anderson
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e48665. 2012..These data further identify β2*nAChR antagonism as a potential therapeutic strategy for relief of negative affect and anxiety...
- Preclinical evidence that activation of mesolimbic alpha 6 subunit containing nicotinic acetylcholine receptors supports nicotine addiction phenotypeDarlene H Brunzell
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:1258-69. 2012....
- Alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors modulate motivation to self-administer nicotine: implications for smoking and schizophreniaDarlene H Brunzell
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1134-43. 2012..These data identify reduction of α7 nAChR function as a potential mechanism for elevated tobacco use in schizophrenia and also identify activation of α7 nAChRs as a potential strategy for tobacco cessation therapy...
- Alpha-conotoxin MII-sensitive nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in the nucleus accumbens shell regulate progressive ratio responding maintained by nicotineDarlene H Brunzell
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:665-73. 2010..These data suggest that alpha6beta2(*)nAChRs in the NAc shell regulate motivational aspects of nicotine reinforcement but not nicotine-associated locomotor activation...
- ACSL6 is associated with the number of cigarettes smoked and its expression is altered by chronic nicotine exposureJingchun Chen
Department of Psychiatry and Virginia Institute for Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28790. 2011..The independent associations of this locus with schizophrenia and with numCIG in non-schizophrenic subjects suggest that this locus may be a common liability to both conditions...
- nAChR subunit contributions to nicotine dependent behaviorsDARLENE BRUNZELL; Fiscal Year: 2007....