Gretchen M Brophy
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Guidelines for the evaluation and management of status epilepticusGretchen M Brophy
Department of Pharmacotherapy and Outcomes Science, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, 410 N 12th Street, P O Box 980533, Richmond, VA 23298 0533, USA
Neurocrit Care 17:3-23. 2012....
- A US multicenter, retrospective, observational study of erythropoiesis-stimulating agent utilization in anemic, critically ill patients admitted to the intensive care unitGretchen M Brophy
Departments of Pharmacy and Neurosurgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0533, USA
Clin Ther 30:2324-34. 2008..Darbepoietin alfa and epoetin alfa are erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (ESAs) used to manage anemia in the ICU, although neither drug has an indication in critically ill patients...
- alphaII-Spectrin breakdown product cerebrospinal fluid exposure metrics suggest differences in cellular injury mechanisms after severe traumatic brain injuryGretchen M Brophy
Departments of Pharmacy and Neurosurgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0533, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:471-9. 2009..Further studies are being conducted to determine if exposure and kinetic metrics for biofluid-based biomarkers can predict clinical outcome...
- Prospective, randomized comparison of lansoprazole suspension, and intermittent intravenous famotidine on gastric pH and acid production in critically ill neurosurgical patientsGretchen M Brophy
Departments of Pharmacotherapy and Outcomes Sciences and Neurosurgery, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy, P O Box 980533, 410 N 12th Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Neurocrit Care 13:176-81. 2010..There is a paucity of studies comparing stress ulcer prophylaxis (SUP) agents in high-risk neurosurgical patients...
- Biokinetic analysis of ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase-L1 (UCH-L1) in severe traumatic brain injury patient biofluidsGretchen M Brophy
Virginia Commonwealth University, Pharmacotherapy and Outcomes Sciences and Neurosurgery, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0533, USA
J Neurotrauma 28:861-70. 2011..This study shows a significant correlation between UCH-L1 CSF and serum median concentrations and biokinetics in severe TBI patients, and relationships with clinical outcome were detected...
- Comparison of darbepoetin alfa and epoetin alfa in the management of anemia of critical illnessStacy A Voils
School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia Campus, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0533, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:535-41. 2007..To compare the effectiveness of darbepoetin alfa with epoetin alfa (recombinant human erythropoietin [rHuEPO]) for achieving transfusion independence and increasing hemoglobin concentrations in critically ill patients...
- The Richmond Agitation-Sedation Scale: validity and reliability in adult intensive care unit patientsCurtis N Sessler
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:1338-44. 2002..Our nurses described RASS as logical, easy to administer, and readily recalled. RASS has high reliability and validity in medical and surgical, ventilated and nonventilated, and sedated and nonsedated adult ICU patients...
- Perceived versus actual sedation practices in adult intensive care unit patients receiving mechanical ventilationKimberly Varney Gill
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Department of Pharmacy, Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Richmond, USA
Ann Pharmacother 46:1331-9. 2012..With drug shortages, newer sedative medications, and updates in research, management of sedation and delirium in patients receiving mechanical ventilation continues to evolve...