Judith B Bradford
Affiliation: Virginia Commonwealth University
- Expanding the research infrastructure for lesbian healthJ Bradford
Survey and Evaluation Research Laboratory, 921 W Franklin St, Richmond, VA 23284 3065, USA
Am J Public Health 91:1029-32. 2001..Substantial proportions have encountered barriers because they were lesbians or conducted lesbian research, and many expressed willingness to mentor others, to help others to conduct research about lesbians, or both...
- HIV System Navigation: an emerging model to improve HIV care accessJudith B Bradford
The Fenway Institute of Fenway Community Health, Boston, Massachusetts, Center of Public Policy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23284 3065, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:S49-58. 2007..Based on study results, we propose that an adapted navigation approach referred to as "HIV System Navigation" has promise for improving access to HIV care and warrants further development...
- The promise of outreach for engaging and retaining out-of-care persons in HIV medical careJudith B Bradford
The Fenway Institute of Fenway Community Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 21:S85-91. 2007....
- Differences in disclosure of sexuality among African American and White gay/bisexual men: implications for HIV/AIDS preventionJ D Kennamer
Survey and Evaluation Research Laboratory, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23284, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 12:519-31. 2000..As a result, African American gay men may be less likely to participate in the fight against HIV/AIDS...
- Sexual risk behavior and behavior change among persons newly diagnosed with HIV: the impact of targeted outreach interventions among hard-to-reach populationsSharon M Coleman
Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 23:639-45. 2009..20). Substantial risk exists for secondary HIV transmission; this study shows the promise of a supplemental intervention to ensure access to HIV care, retention in care, and risk reduction for positives...
- Improving the accuracy of identifying lesbians for telephone surveys about healthJ Bradford
Survey and Evaluation Research Laboratory, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Womens Health Issues 11:126-37. 2001..Results are useful for developing improved practices for conducting health surveys with lesbians...
- Association of ancillary services with primary care utilization and retention for patients with HIV/AIDSW Lo
Fenway Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
AIDS Care 14:S45-57. 2002..For non-whites and women, mental health care, food/nutrition, housing and transportation had particular significance...
- Sexual and gender minority health: what we know and what needs to be doneKenneth H Mayer
Infectious Diseases Division, The Miriam Hospital, 164 Summit Avenue, Providence, RI 02906, USA
Am J Public Health 98:989-95. 2008..We then discuss how clinicians and public health professionals can improve research methods, clinical outcomes, and service delivery for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people...
- Developmental Infrastructure for Population ResearchJudith Bradford; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will conduct the research to fill critical knowledge gaps, providing a foundation for culturally competent treatment and behavior change models. ..