- Long-term maintenance of weight loss after lifestyle intervention in frail, obese older adultsD L Waters
Section of Geriatrics, New Mexico VA Health Care System, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 17:3-7. 2013..To determine if long-term weight loss with associated improvement in physical and metabolic health can be maintained after lifestyle intervention in frail, obese older adults...
- Effect of weight loss on the rate of muscle protein synthesis during fasted and fed conditions in obese older adultsDennis T Villareal
Center for Human Nutrition, Division of Geriatrics and Nutritional Science, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 20:1780-6. 2012..Thus, the loss of muscle mass must be mediated predominately by adverse effects of dietary calorie restriction on muscle proteolysis...
- Weight loss, exercise, or both and physical function in obese older adultsDennis T Villareal
Division of Geriatrics and Nutritional Science, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, USA
N Engl J Med 364:1218-29. 2011..Obesity exacerbates the age-related decline in physical function and causes frailty in older adults; however, the appropriate treatment for obese older adults is controversial...
- EXERCISE INTERVENTIONS DURING VOLUNTARY WEIGHT LOSS IN OBESE OLDER ADULTSDENNIS VILLAREAL; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- EXERCISE INTERVENTIONS DURING VOLUNTARY WEIGHT LOSS IN OBESE OLDER ADULTSDennis T Villareal; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- DHEA+EXERCISE-EFFECT ON SARCOPENIA & OSTEOPENIA OF AGINGDENNIS VILLAREAL; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research and the proposed career development plan shall provide Dr. Villareal the opportunity to develop his capabilities in conducting patient-oriented research and independence as an investigator. ..
- Weight Loss and Exercise in Frail Obese Elderly SubjectsDennis T Villareal; Fiscal Year: 2009..The data generated from this proposed randomized controlled trial will ultimately establish appropriate treatment guidelines for the increasing number of frail obese elderly men and women. ..