Affiliation: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- The relationship between ritonavir plasma trough concentration and virological and immunological response in HIV-infected childrenG Gatti
I Department of Infectious Diseases c o G Gaslini Institute University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
HIV Med 3:125-8. 2002..We studied a number of factors, including ritonavir plasma levels, and their capability of predicting response to therapy with ritonavir (RTV)...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of nelfinavir administered twice or thrice daily to human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected childrenG Gatti
Gaslini Childrens Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 36:1476-82. 2003..The variability of trough concentrations was extremely high, particularly among recipients of the twice-daily regimen, resulting in a higher number of patients with subinhibitory concentrations of nelfinavir in this group...
- Indinavir pharmacokinetics and parmacodynamics in children with human immunodeficiency virus infectionG Gatti
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:752-5. 2000..Due to the low number of patients enrolled in this study, our results should be confirmed by a larger study...
- Pharmacokinetics of rifabutin in HIV-infected patients with or without wasting syndromeG Gatti
First Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Br J Clin Pharmacol 48:704-11. 1999..The purpose of the study was to compare the pharmacokinetic parameters of rifabutin obtained in a group of patients without wasting syndrome (NWS) with those obtained in a group with wasting syndrome (WS)...
- Tenofovir use in a patient with a severe renal impairmentA Di Biagio
Department of Infectious Diseases, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
HIV Med 5:450-1. 2004
- Erythromycin resistance in Streptococcus pyogenes in ItalyM Bassetti
Infectious Diseases Department, University of Genoa, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Emerg Infect Dis 6:180-3. 2000..pyogenes treated with clarithromycin and in 22 (88%) of 25 patients with erythromycin-susceptible strains. The constitutive-resistant phenotype was correlated with failure of macrolide treatment...
- Updated European recommendations for the clinical use of HIV drug resistance testingA M Vandamme
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Antivir Ther 9:829-48. 2004..The panel also encourages the timely collection of epidemiological information to estimate the impact of transmission of resistant HIV and the prevalence of HIV-1 non-B subtypes in the different European countries...
- The impact of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 on infectiousness of tuberculosis: a meta-analysisM Cruciani
Department of Infectious Diseases, HIV Screening Center, Verona, Italy
Clin Infect Dis 33:1922-30. 2001..78-1.56) were similar regardless of HIV-1 positivity of index cases. These data suggest that tuberculosis patients with HIV-1 infection are not intrinsically more infectious to their contacts than are HIV-1-negative tuberculosis patients...
- Penetration of didanosine in semen of HIV-1-infected menM Cruciani
Centre of Preventive Medicine and HIV Outpatient Clinic, Via Germania 20, 37135 Verona, Italy
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:1244-7. 2006..We have investigated didanosine penetration in seminal plasma of 16 HIV-infected patients...