Christopher T Wootten
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Evolving therapies to treat retroglossal and base-of-tongue obstruction in pediatric obstructive sleep apneaChristopher T Wootten
Pediatric Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:983-7. 2010....
- Spontaneous remission of primary hyperparathyroidism: a case report and meta-analysis of the literatureChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, 1215 21st Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Head Neck 28:81-8. 2006..This case is compared with 50 previously reported cases of autoparathyriodectomy, and a meta-analysis is performed...
- Tracheotomy in the first year of life: outcomes in term infants, the Vanderbilt experienceChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, 7209 Medical Center East, 1215 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 8605, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:365-9. 2006..In an era emphasizing critical care of preterm infants, we characterize the indications and outcomes of tracheotomies performed in the first year of life in term infants compared to preterm infants...
- Management of cerebrospinal fluid leakage from cochleostomy during cochlear implant surgeryChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8605, USA
Laryngoscope 116:2055-9. 2006....
- Tracheotomy in the preschool population: indications and outcomesLesley C French
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:280-3. 2007..We characterize the indications and outcomes for patients between the ages of 3 and 6 years undergoing tracheotomy...
- Findings on MR sleep studies as biomarkers to predict outcome of genioglossus advancement in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea in children and young adultsWilliam E Schaaf
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, MLC 5031, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:1204-9. 2010..We reviewed imaging findings on MR sleep studies as biomarkers to predict success or failure of genioglossus advancement in the treatment of OSA in children and young adults...
- Differential expression of surfactant protein A in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergy symptomsChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:1001-7. 2006..To characterize surfactant protein A (SP-A) expression in human nasal tissue and correlate differential expression of SP-A with symptoms suggestive of allergic rhinitis...
- Anesthetic management of patients with tracheal T-tubesChristopher T Wootten
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 19:349-57. 2009..We then describe specific intraoperative techniques to administer inhalational agents and maintain respiration in patients with tracheal T-tubes...
- Impact of supraglottoplasty on aspiration in severe laryngomalaciaGresham T Richter
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 118:259-66. 2009..We examined the incidence and significance of aspiration in infants with severe laryngomalacia (LM) who undergo supraglottoplasty...
- Management of brain herniation and cerebrospinal fluid leak in revision chronic ear surgeryChristopher T Wootten
Otology Group of Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Laryngoscope 115:1256-61. 2005..This paper will discuss the presentation and management of brain herniation and/or CSF leak encountered in revision chronic ear surgery...