Christopher T Wootten
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Beyond adenotonsillectomy: outcomes of sleep endoscopy-directed treatments in pediatric obstructive sleep apneaChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, United States Electronic address
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 78:1158-62. 2014..In this study we determine the subjective and objective outcomes of pediatric patients with refractory OSA undergoing drug-induced sleep endoscopy (DISE)-directed surgical treatment...
- Spontaneous remission of primary hyperparathyroidism: a case report and meta-analysis of the literatureChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, 1215 21st Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Head Neck 28:81-8. 2006..This case is compared with 50 previously reported cases of autoparathyriodectomy, and a meta-analysis is performed...
- Tracheotomy in the first year of life: outcomes in term infants, the Vanderbilt experienceChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, 7209 Medical Center East, 1215 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 8605, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:365-9. 2006..In an era emphasizing critical care of preterm infants, we characterize the indications and outcomes of tracheotomies performed in the first year of life in term infants compared to preterm infants...
- Management of cerebrospinal fluid leakage from cochleostomy during cochlear implant surgeryChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8605, USA
Laryngoscope 116:2055-9. 2006....
- Evolving therapies to treat retroglossal and base-of-tongue obstruction in pediatric obstructive sleep apneaChristopher T Wootten
Pediatric Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:983-7. 2010....
- Tracheotomy in the preschool population: indications and outcomesLesley C French
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 137:280-3. 2007..We characterize the indications and outcomes for patients between the ages of 3 and 6 years undergoing tracheotomy...
- Findings on MR sleep studies as biomarkers to predict outcome of genioglossus advancement in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea in children and young adultsWilliam E Schaaf
Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, MLC 5031, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:1204-9. 2010..We reviewed imaging findings on MR sleep studies as biomarkers to predict success or failure of genioglossus advancement in the treatment of OSA in children and young adults...
- Differential expression of surfactant protein A in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergy symptomsChristopher T Wootten
Department of Otolaryngology, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:1001-7. 2006..To characterize surfactant protein A (SP-A) expression in human nasal tissue and correlate differential expression of SP-A with symptoms suggestive of allergic rhinitis...
- The 70-degree telescope as a teaching tool for cleft palate repair and pharyngoplasty surgeryNoel Jabbour
University of Pittsburgh Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Department of Otolaryngology, 4401 Penn Avenue Faculty Pavilion, 7th Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15224, United States Electronic address
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 78:1833-6. 2014..To determine the optimum positioning of a 70-degree telescope to provide a maximum view of the palate and posterior pharynx for observers while minimally obstructing the direct view of a surgeon...
- Anesthetic management of patients with tracheal T-tubesChristopher T Wootten
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 19:349-57. 2009..We then describe specific intraoperative techniques to administer inhalational agents and maintain respiration in patients with tracheal T-tubes...
- Velopharyngeal dysfunction in children with Prader-Willi syndrome after adenotonsillectomyDavid J Crockett
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Otolaryngology, 7209 Medical Center East South Tower, 1215 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN, 37232, USA Electronic address
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 78:1731-4. 2014..VPD can also be present in patients with global hypotonia, such as those with PWS. The objective of this study is to review the occurrence of VPD in patients with PWS after adenotonsillectomy for OSA...
- Impact of supraglottoplasty on aspiration in severe laryngomalaciaGresham T Richter
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 118:259-66. 2009..We examined the incidence and significance of aspiration in infants with severe laryngomalacia (LM) who undergo supraglottoplasty...
- Management of brain herniation and cerebrospinal fluid leak in revision chronic ear surgeryChristopher T Wootten
Otology Group of Vanderbilt, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Laryngoscope 115:1256-61. 2005..This paper will discuss the presentation and management of brain herniation and/or CSF leak encountered in revision chronic ear surgery...