Luc Van Kaer
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Van Kaer L, Algood H, Singh K, Parekh V, Greer M, Piazuelo M, et al. CD8αα⁺ innate-type lymphocytes in the intestinal epithelium mediate mucosal immunity. Immunity. 2014;41:451-464 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a critical role of iCD8α cells in immune responses associated with the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Van Kaer L, Parekh V, Postoak J, Wu L. Role of autophagy in MHC class I-restricted antigen presentation. Mol Immunol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..A mechanistic understanding of the role of autophagy-related proteins in MHC class I restricted antigen presentation may guide future efforts in manipulating autophagy to prevent or treat human disease. ..
- Van Kaer L, Parekh V, Wu L. Invariant natural killer T cells as sensors and managers of inflammation. Trends Immunol. 2013;34:50-8 pubmed publisher..These new findings should be instrumental to promote the immunomodulatory properties of iNKT cells for treatment of inflammatory diseases. ..
- Parekh V, Pabbisetty S, Wu L, Sebzda E, Martinez J, Zhang J, et al. Autophagy-related protein Vps34 controls the homeostasis and function of antigen cross-presenting CD8α+ dendritic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E6371-E6380 pubmed publisher..Our findings also have important implications for the development of small-molecule inhibitors of Vps34 for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Olivares Villagómez D, Van Kaer L. Intestinal Intraepithelial Lymphocytes: Sentinels of the Mucosal Barrier. Trends Immunol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..We review here sentinel functions of IELs in the maintenance of the mucosal barrier integrity, as well as how dysregulated IEL responses can contribute to pathology...