William W Stead
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Presentation of the Morris F Collen Award to William Edward Hammond II, PhDWilliam W Stead
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:221-4. 2004
- Biomedical informatics: changing what physicians need to know and how they learnWilliam W Stead
McKesson Foundation Professor of Biomedical Informatics, and Professor of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2104, USA
Acad Med 86:429-34. 2011..The authors propose that embracing this collective and informatics-enhanced future of medicine will provide opportunities to advance education, patient care, and biomedical science...
- Closing the loop in practice to assure the desired performanceWilliam W Stead
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 119:185-94; discussion 194-5. 2008..Plans, displays and performance evolve together iteratively until the desired performance is achieved...
- Rethinking electronic health records to better achieve quality and safety goalsWilliam W Stead
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Annu Rev Med 58:35-47. 2007..A staged approach to turning direct access by patients to their health information into more effective care is presented as an example of this strategy...
- Achievable steps toward building a National Health Information infrastructure in the United StatesWilliam W Stead
Informatics Center, 3401 West End Ave, Suite 290, Nashville, TN 37203 6866, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:113-20. 2005..It then identifies short-term, intermediate, and long-term steps that might be taken by the NHII initiative...
- Extending closed-loop control to the management of chronic diseaseWilliam W Stead
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 122:93-102. 2011....
- Presentation of the 2007 Morris F. Collen award to William W. Stead, MD, including comments from recipientDaniel R Masys
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:302-6. 2008
- Beyond Flexner: a new model for continuous learning in the health professionsBonnie M Miller
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0685, USA
Acad Med 85:266-72. 2010..This article provides a detailed account of the model developed at the retreat and the obstacles that might be encountered in attempting to implement it...
- Electronic health recordsWilliam W Stead
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 153:119-43. 2010..It provides examples of how to break the electronic health record challenge into component parts to match computational technique to the scale of the problem handled by a component...
- Data from clinical notes: a perspective on the tension between structure and flexible documentationS Trent Rosenbloom
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:181-6. 2011..When reusable data are needed from notes, providers can use structured documentation or rely on post-hoc text processing to produce structured data, as appropriate...
- Effect of CPOE user interface design on user-initiated access to educational and patient information during clinical careS Trent Rosenbloom
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Nursing, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:458-73. 2005....