Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Mid-career burnout in generalist and specialist physiciansAnderson Spickard
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
JAMA 288:1447-50. 2002
- Learning about screening using an online or live lecture: does it matter?Anderson Spickard
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn 37232, USA
J Gen Intern Med 17:540-5. 2002..To determine the impact of an online lecture versus a live lecture on screening given to medical students who are participating in an outpatient clerkship...
- A randomised trial of an online lecture with and without audioAnderson Spickard
Departments of Medicine and Biomedical Informatics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Med Educ 38:787-90. 2004..To determine the impact of adding audio-feed to an online lecture on screening given to medical students who were participating in an outpatient clerkship...
- Consequence of physician disruptive behaviorCharles P Samenow
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, USA
Tenn Med 100:38-40. 2007
- A CME course aimed at addressing disruptive physician behaviorCharles P Samenow
Department of Psychiatry, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Physician Exec 34:32-40. 2008..Examine the results of a study of physicians with disruptive behavior who went through a special training program to help them better control their anger and outbursts...
- Automatic capture of student notes to augment mentor feedback and student performance on patient write-upsAnderson Spickard
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:979-84. 2008..To determine whether the integration of an automated electronic clinical portfolio into clinical clerkships can improve the quality of feedback given to students on their patient write-ups and the quality of students' write-ups...
- "Where do we teach what?" Finding broad concepts in the medical school curriculumJoshua C Denny
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:943-6. 2005..Often, medical educators and students do not know where important concepts are taught and learned in medical school. Manual efforts to identify and track concepts covered across the curriculum are inaccurate and resource intensive...
- Navigating the JGIM Special Issue on Medical EducationJudith L Bowen
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:899-902. 2008
- Proposed standards for medical education submissions to the Journal of General Internal MedicineDavid A Cook
Office of Education Research and Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:908-13. 2008..Additional standards for specific study types are described. We hope these proposed standards will generate discussion that will foster their continued evolution...