Genomes and Genes
D J Snyders
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Molecular analysis of a binding site for quinidine in a human cardiac delayed rectifier K+ channel. Role of S6 in antiarrhythmic drug bindingS W Yeola
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn 37232 6602, USA
Circ Res 78:1105-14. 1996....
- High affinity open channel block by dofetilide of HERG expressed in a human cell lineD J Snyders
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6602, USA
Mol Pharmacol 49:949-55. 1996..Dofetilide acts as a slow-onset/slow-offset open channel blocker of this current at nanomolar concentrations...
- A K+ channel splice variant common in human heart lacks a C-terminal domain required for expression of rapidly activating delayed rectifier currentS Kupershmidt
Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 273:27231-5. 1998..We suggest that the amplitude and gating of cardiac IKr depends on expression of both HERG1 and HERG USO...
- Functional differences in Kv1.5 currents expressed in mammalian cell lines are due to the presence of endogenous Kv beta 2.1 subunitsV N Uebele
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 271:2406-12. 1996..1 subunit can alter Kv1.5 alpha subunit function, 2) beta subunits are not required for alpha subunit expression, and 3) endogenous beta subunits are expressed in heterologous expression systems used to study K+ channel function...
- Temperature and voltage dependence of sodium channel blocking and unblocking by O-demethyl encainide in isolated guinea pig myocytesJ A Johns
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee, TN 37232
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 13:826-35. 1989..One should be cautious about extrapolating electrophysiologic data obtained at cold temperatures to clinical situations...
- Mechanism of block of a human cardiac potassium channel by terfenadine racemate and enantiomersT Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Br J Pharmacol 115:267-74. 1995..5 block by both enantiomers also indicates that the chiral centre does not significantly constrain the orientation of critical binding determinants of terfenadine with respect to the receptor site...
- Functional expression of an inactivating potassium channel (Kv4.3) in a mammalian cell lineL Franqueza
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6602, USA
Cardiovasc Res 41:212-9. 1999..The goal of this study was to characterize the electrophysiological properties of the Kv4.3 channels expressed in a mammalian cell line...
- Differential expression of Isk mRNAs in mouse tissue during development and pregnancyA Felipe
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
Am J Physiol 267:C700-5. 1994..Furthermore, the drastic changes in transcript levels before delivery and after birth suggest that Isk plays a significant role in myometrium during late pregnancy and delivery...
- Molecular biology of the voltage-gated potassium channels of the cardiovascular systemS L Roberds
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 4:68-80. 1993..An important challenge for the future is to determine the cell-specific expression and relative contribution of these cloned channels to cardiac excitability...