Uchechukwu K Sampson
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Short-term trends in heart failure-related hospitalizations in a high-risk stateUchechukwu K A Sampson
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Tennessee State University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
South Med J 106:147-54. 2013..We sought to determine whether there are signs of improvement in the rates of heart failure (HF) hospitalizations given the recent reports of improvement in national trends...
- Are statins diabetogenic?Uchechukwu K Sampson
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6300, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 26:342-7. 2011..Here we review clinical trial evidence related to statin use and incident diabetes, and the potential mechanisms for this association...
- Residual cardiovascular risk despite optimal LDL cholesterol reduction with statins: the evidence, etiology, and therapeutic challengesUchechukwu K Sampson
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, 383 PRB 2220 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 14:1-10. 2012..Consequently, absolute risk modulation via lifestyle changes remains the centerpiece of a strategy addressing the physiologic drivers of CVR associated with HDL-C/TG, especially in the context of diabetes/metabolic syndrome...
- Benzo[a]pyrene potentiates the pathogenesis of abdominal aortic aneurysms in apolipoprotein E knockout micePetra A Prins
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6300, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 29:121-30. 2012..05). No AAA occurred in control or BaP groups. These findings suggest the role of BaP exposure in potentiating AAA pathogenesis, which may have potential public health significance...
- Quantitative estimates of the variability of in vivo sonographic measurements of the mouse aorta for studies of abdominal aortic aneurysms and related arterial diseasesUchechukwu K Sampson
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Ultrasound Med 30:773-84. 2011....