Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Interview: Comparative effectiveness research from the perspective of a surgeon-scientistDavid F Penson
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
J Comp Eff Res 1:309-10. 2012..He also obtained an MPH at Yale University in 2000. He currently maintains a clinical practice in urologic oncology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. ..
- Effectiveness of hormonal and surgical therapies for cryptorchidism: a systematic reviewDavid Penson
Center for Surgical Quality and Outcomes Research, Nashville, TN 37203 1738, USA
Pediatrics 131:e1897-907. 2013..Controversy remains concerning the optimal treatment approach for cryptorchidism. The objective of this study was to assess effectiveness of hormone therapy or surgery for cryptorchidism...
- Mortality after radical prostatectomy or external beam radiotherapy for localized prostate cancerRichard M Hoffman
Department of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:711-8. 2013..The goal of the study, therefore, was to estimate the association of RP (compared with EBRT) with overall and PC mortality...
- Factors influencing patients' acceptance and adherence to active surveillanceDavid F Penson
Center for Surgical Quality and Outcomes Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2525 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203 1738, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2012:207-12. 2012..Finally, some of the factors, particularly the heuristic ones, are potentially modifiable and may serve as targets for future interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to AS...
- Systemic therapy and the urologic oncologist: a unique opportunity for the specialty to provide comprehensive care that ultimately benefits the patientDavid F Penson
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University and the VA Tennessee Valley Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Urol Oncol 30:S2-4. 2012..The development of comprehensive urologic oncology practices that include the administration of systemic therapy will maintain the relevance of the specialty and ultimately benefit our patients...
- Obesity, body composition, and prostate cancerJay H Fowke
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
BMC Cancer 12:23. 2012....
- Obesity, physical activity and lower urinary tract symptoms: results from the Southern Community Cohort StudyDavid F Penson
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37203 1738, USA
J Urol 186:2316-22. 2011..In this study we determined the independent associations of physical activity and obesity with lower urinary tract symptoms at followup among white and African-American men...
- Quality of life after breast cancer diagnosis and survivalMeira Epplein
Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:406-12. 2011..To examine the association of quality of life (QOL) after diagnosis of breast cancer with mortality and recurrence...
- Trends in the multimodality treatment of resectable colorectal liver metastases: an underutilized strategyAlexander A Parikh
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 17:1938-46. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate patterns of treatment for resectable colorectal liver metastases in the USA over the last two decades...
- Magnetic resonance imaging for locating nonpalpable undescended testicles: a meta-analysisShanthi Krishnaswami
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pediatrics 131:e1908-16. 2013..Preoperative imaging techniques may guide management of nonpalpable, cryptorchid testicles. We evaluated conventional MRI for identifying and locating nonpalpable testicles in prepubescent boys via meta-analysis...
- Longterm Quality of Life of Prostate Cancer SurvivorsDavid Penson; Fiscal Year: 2004..This, in turn, will aid in clinical decision making and assist in designing interventions to improve outcomes in prostate cancer survivors. ..
- Longterm Quality of Life of Prostate Cancer SurvivorsDavid Penson; Fiscal Year: 2005..This, in turn, will aid in clinical decision making and assist in designing interventions to improve outcomes in prostate cancer survivors. ..
- Longterm Quality of Life of Prostate Cancer SurvivorsDavid Penson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This, in turn, will aid in clinical decision making and assist in designing interventions to improve outcomes in prostate cancer survivors. ..
- Race, Comorbidity & Long Term Prostate Cancer OutcomesDavid Penson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specifically, it will help newly-diagnosed patients make more informed decisions regarding treatment and will help researchers design novel interventions to improve the quality of life of prostate cancer survivors. ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Treatments for Localized Prostate CancerDavid F Penson; Fiscal Year: 2010..By figuring out what treatments "work best, in which patients and in whose hands", we will help men with prostate cancer make better decisions regarding their care. ..