Richard M Peek
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Varga M, Piazuelo M, Romero Gallo J, Delgado A, Suarez G, Whitaker M, et al. TLR9 activation suppresses inflammation in response to Helicobacter pylori infection. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;311:G852-G858 pubmed publisher..pylori in a cag T4SS-dependent manner. These results suggest that H. pylori utilizes the cag T4SS to manipulate the intensity of the host immune response. ..
- Suarez G, Romero Gallo J, Sierra J, Piazuelo M, Krishna U, Gomez M, et al. Genetic Manipulation of Helicobacter pylori Virulence Function by Host Carcinogenic Phenotypes. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2401-2412 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(9); 2401-12. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Noto J, Romero Gallo J, Piazuelo M, Peek R. The Mongolian Gerbil: A Robust Model of Helicobacter pylori-Induced Gastric Inflammation and Cancer. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1422:263-80 pubmed publisher..pylori-inflammation and cancer as well as the current materials and methods for utilizing this model of microbially induced disease. ..
- Noto J, Peek R. Micronutrients: A Double-Edged Sword in Microbe-Induced Gastric Carcinogenesis. Trends Cancer. 2015;1:136-144 pubmed publisher..Further, these fundamental concepts provide a framework for understanding mechanisms driving the development of other malignancies that arise from foci of gastrointestinal inflammation. ..
- Noto J, Peek R. Helicobacter pylori Makes a Molecular Incision to Gain Epithelial Entry. Cell Host Microbe. 2017;22:434-436 pubmed publisher..2017) show that a secreted bacterial protease disrupts apical-junctional complexes, paving the way for H.Â pylori to access the basolateral compartment and trigger pathogenesis. ..