Genomes and Genes
David L Page
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma of breast, a special histopathologic type with excellent prognosisDavid L Page
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, C 3321 Medical Center North, 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37232 2561, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 93:189-90. 2005
- Special types of invasive breast cancer, with clinical implicationsDavid L Page
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennesee 37232, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:832-5. 2003..The mitotic count may be the most important part of the grading system, certainly for prognosis within 5 years of diagnosis. (22, 26)..
- Why I became a surgical pathologist with interest in breast diseaseDavid L Page
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, USA
J Clin Pathol 60:251-2. 2007..As a mentor, I have tried to teach residents and fellows how to practice pathology, not merely how to make a diagnosis...
- Excellent survival, cancer type, and Nottingham grade after atypical lobular hyperplasia on initial breast biopsyBernadette K McLaren
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2561, USA
Cancer 107:1227-33. 2006..Nottingham grading, special tumor types, and survival after invasive cancer diagnosis were analyzed consistently for the first time...
- Protein phosphatase 2A subunit gene haplotypes and proliferative breast disease modify breast cancer riskWilliam D Dupont
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 2158, USA
Cancer 116:8-19. 2010..Women who are diagnosed with benign proliferative breast disease are at increased risk for the subsequent development of breast cancer...
- Interdependence of radial scar and proliferative disease with respect to invasive breast carcinoma risk in patients with benign breast biopsiesMelinda E Sanders
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Medical School, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer 106:1453-61. 2006..Radial scars (RS) are benign breast lesions that have been implicated as independent risk factors for invasive breast carcinoma (IBC)...
- A multistage genetic association study identifies breast cancer risk loci at 10q25 and 16q24Kathryn S Higginbotham
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1565-73. 2012..We conducted a multistage genetic association study in a series of independent epidemiologic breast cancer study populations to identify novel breast cancer risk variants...
- A multistage association study identifies a breast cancer genetic locus at NCOA7Kathryn S P Higginbotham
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Cancer Res 71:3881-8. 2011..These observations provide consistent evidence that genetic variants at the NCOA7 locus may confer a reduced risk of breast cancer...
- Histologic associations and long-term cancer risk in columnar cell lesions of the breast: a retrospective cohort and a nested case-control studyFouad I Boulos
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cancer 113:2415-21. 2008..However, the few retrospective outcome studies performed have failed to establish an increased risk for recurrence or carcinoma on long-term follow-up...
- Intranodal papillary epithelial proliferations: a local process with a spectrum of morphologies and frequent association with papillomas in the breastFouad I Boulos
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon Departments of Psychiatry Pathology Pathology and Preventive Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Surg Pathol 38:383-8. 2014....
- Adenomyoepithelioma: clinical, histologic, and immunohistologic evaluation of a series of related lesionsBernadette K McLaren
Departments of Biostatistics and Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:1294-9. 2005..Follow-up and treatment information demonstrates their benignity. Architecture and histologic features should be combined with immunohistochemistry when determining categorization...
- Estrogen metabolism and exposure in a genotypic-phenotypic model for breast cancer risk predictionPhilip S Crooke
Department of Mathematics, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1502-15. 2011..Current models of breast cancer risk prediction do not directly reflect mammary estrogen metabolism or genetic variability in exposure to carcinogenic estrogen metabolites...
- The natural history of low-grade ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast in women treated by biopsy only revealed over 30 years of long-term follow-upMelinda E Sanders
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 5310, USA
Cancer 103:2481-4. 2005..At the time the biopsies in the current study were originally examined, small DCIS was not diagnosed and, by default, these women were treated by biopsy only...
- Immunohistochemical expression of estrogen receptor in enlarged lobular units with columnar alteration in benign breast biopsies: a nested case-control studyBernadette K McLaren
Department of Biostatistics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2561, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:105-8. 2005..These findings have implications for risk assessment in benign breast biopsies and are of particular interest given the controversy currently surrounding hormone replacement therapy...
- Heritable variation of ERBB2 and breast cancer riskJoan P Breyer
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0275, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:1252-8. 2009..In contrast, we observed no association of ERBB2 single nucleotide polymorphism haplotypes with breast cancer predisposition...
- Continued observation of the natural history of low-grade ductal carcinoma in situ reaffirms proclivity for local recurrence even after more than 30 years of follow-upMelinda E Sanders
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Mod Pathol 28:662-9. 2015..This study reaffirms the importance of complete margin evaluation in women treated with breast conservation for ductal carcinoma in situ as well as balancing recurrence risk with possible treatment-related morbidity for older women. ..
- Insulin, estrogen, inflammatory markers, and risk of benign proliferative breast diseaseChelsea Catsburg
Authors Affiliations Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington Population Studies and Prevention Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan Department of Public Health Sciences, University of California Davis, Davis, California Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee and Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 74:3248-58. 2014....
- Breast lesions, pathology and cancer riskDavid L Page
Department of Pathology and Epidemiology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Breast J 10:S3-4. 2004..Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) has emerged as the central lesion against which others must be compared. Accurate diagnosis of DCIS is integral in determining the risk of local or regional future malignancy...
- Metaplastic spindle cell breast tumors arising within papillomas, complex sclerosing lesions, and nipple adenomasHelenice Gobbi
Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Mod Pathol 16:893-901. 2003..Spindle cell metaplastic tumors, from fibromatosis-like to fibrosarcoma, may arise within a variety of fibrosclerotic breast lesions...
- Diabetic (lymphocytic) mastopathy with exuberant lymphohistiocytic and granulomatous response: a case report with review of the literatureDean Fong
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1330-6. 2006..A timely accurate diagnosis can help limit repeat surgeries in this vulnerable group of patients...
- Ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: impact of pathology on therapeutic decisionsRoy A Jensen
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 5310, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:828-31. 2003....
- Atypical lobular hyperplasia as a unilateral predictor of breast cancer risk: a retrospective cohort studyDavid L Page
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Lancet 361:125-9. 2003..We aimed to show laterality and subsequent risk implications of invasive breast cancer in women with atypical lobular hyperplasia...
- Diagnostic agreement in the evaluation of image-guided breast core needle biopsies: results from a randomized clinical trialLaura C Collins
Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:126-31. 2004....
- Estrogen plus progestin and risk of benign proliferative breast diseaseThomas E Rohan
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2337-43. 2008..76 (95% CI, 0.38-1.52). The risk varied little by levels of baseline characteristics. The results of this study suggest that the use of estrogen plus progestin may increase the risk of benign proliferative breast disease...
- Microglandular adenosis with transition into adenoid cystic carcinoma of the breastGeza Acs
Department of Pathology and Laboratory of Medicine, University of Pensilvania Medical Center, Philacelphia, Pensylvania 19104, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:1052-60. 2003..Their unusual interaction with the surrounding stroma may play a role in this benign biologic behavior...
- Alcohol and folate consumption and risk of benign proliferative epithelial disorders of the breastYan Cui
Office of Health Assessment and Epidemiology, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Cancer 121:1346-51. 2007..In conclusion, we observed that alcohol consumption and folate intake were not associated with altered risk of BPED, and that there was no effect modification between them in relation to the risk of BPED...
- Breast cancer pathology reporting practice and guidelinesDavid L Page
J Am Coll Surg 196:89-90. 2003
- Image-detected breast cancer: state of the art diagnosis and treatmentMelvin J Silverstein
USC Norris Cancer Center, Los Angeles 90033, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:586-97. 2005
- Phyllodes tumor of the breast: local recurrence versus metastatic capacityBeverley A Carter
Hum Pathol 35:1051-2. 2004
- Lobulocentricity of breast hypersecretory hyperplasia with cytologic atypia: infrequent association with carcinoma in situMasako Kasami
Department of Pathology, Shizuoka Cancer Center, Shizuoka, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 122:714-20. 2004..The major impact of this study is to recognize that HHA may be regarded as having uncertain significance when found alone in the usual presentation in a single unit, but that formally defined ADH and/or DCIS may be locally present...
- What is atypical lobular hyperplasia and what does it mean for the patient?David L Page
J Clin Oncol 23:5432-3. 2005
- Breast cancer risk associated with estrogen receptor expression in epithelial hyperplasia lacking atypia and adjacent lobular unitsHelenice Gobbi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Int J Cancer 113:857-9. 2005..0-3.8). This risk was not affected by the ERalpha status of EHLA lesions. ERalpha expression in adjacent normal lobules increases the moderate breast cancer risk previously associated with EHLA...
- Conjugated equine estrogen and risk of benign proliferative breast disease: a randomized controlled trialThomas E Rohan
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:563-71. 2008..We tested the effect of conjugated equine estrogen (CEE) on risk of benign proliferative breast disease in the Women's Health Initiative (WHI) randomized controlled trial...
- Revision of the American Joint Committee on Cancer staging system for breast cancerS Eva Singletary
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3628-36. 2002..To revise the American Joint Committee on Cancer staging system for breast carcinoma...
- Staging system for breast cancer: revisions for the 6th edition of the AJCC Cancer Staging ManualS Eva Singletary
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Box 106, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Surg Clin North Am 83:803-19. 2003..By increasing the number of prognostic markers that can give independent information about patient outcome, physicians will be better able to determine optimal treatment approaches for individual patients...
- Cigarette smoking and risk of benign proliferative epithelial disorders of the breast in the Women's Health InitiativeYan Cui
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Belfer 1301, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cancer Causes Control 18:431-8. 2007..To investigate the association between cigarette smoking and risk of benign proliferative epithelial disorders (BPED) of the breast...
- Prospective study of wide excision alone for ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMichael D Lagios
J Clin Oncol 24:3809-11; author reply 3811-2. 2006
- Apocrine carcinomas of the breastDavid L Page
Breast 14:1-2. 2005
- Sentinel lymph node histopathology in breast cancer: minimal disease versus artifactBeverley A Carter
J Clin Oncol 24:1978-9. 2006
- Stereotactic and sonographic large-core biopsy of nonpalpable breast lesions: results of the Radiologic Diagnostic Oncology Group V studyLaurie L Fajardo
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Acad Radiol 11:293-308. 2004..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of stereotactically and sonographically guided core biopsy (CB) for the diagnosis of nonpalpable breast lesions...
- Re: Colon cancer survival rates with the new American Joint Committee on Cancer sixth edition stagingStephen B Edge
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:463-4; author reply 464-5. 2005