Genomes and Genes
D B Mount
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Isoforms of the Na-K-2Cl cotransporter in murine TAL I. Molecular characterization and intrarenal localizationD B Mount
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Am J Physiol 276:F347-58. 1999..Mount, V. Rubio, S. C. Hebert, and G. Gamba. Am. J. Physiol. 276 (Renal Physiol. 45): F347-F358, 1999], and the differential expression of these isoforms may contribute to functional heterogeneity of Na+-K+-2Cl- cotransport in mouse TAL...
- Cloning and characterization of KCC3 and KCC4, new members of the cation-chloride cotransporter gene familyD B Mount
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 274:16355-62. 1999..The unexpected molecular heterogeneity of K+-Cl- cotransport has implications for the physiology and pathophysiology of a number of tissues...
- Renal potassium-chloride cotransportersD B Mount
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2372, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 10:685-91. 2001..The cloning of the four potassium-chloride cotransporter genes has sparked new interest in this transport pathway, and promises to yield novel insights into their roles in cellular and renal physiology...
- Localization of the K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporter, KCC3, in the central and peripheral nervous systems: expression in the choroid plexus, large neurons and white matter tractsM M Pearson
Department of Neurosurgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Neuroscience 103:481-91. 2001..The base of the choroid plexus epithelium was also strongly labeled. These data demonstrate the specificity and diversity of KCC3 expression in the mouse CNS...
- Localization of the KCC4 potassium-chloride cotransporter in the nervous systemM F Karadsheh
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Neuroscience 123:381-91. 2004..Thus, KCC4 is expressed on the apical membrane of the choroid plexus, where it likely participates to K(+) reabsorption. KCC4 is also expressed in peripheral neurons, where its function remains to be determined...
- Hospital-acquired infections among chronic hemodialysis patientsE M D'Agata
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 35:1083-8. 2000..6; 95% CI, 1.2 to 10.7; P = 0.02). Chronic hemodialysis patients are at a substantially greater risk for developing a nosocomial infection compared with other hospitalized patients...
- Isoforms of the Na-K-2Cl cotransporter in murine TAL II. Functional characterization and activation by cAMPC Plata
Molecular Physiology Unit, Department of Nephrology and Mineral Metabolism, Instituto Nacional de la Nutrición Salvador Zubirán and Department of Medicine, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, National University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Physiol 276:F359-66. 1999..This interaction between coexpressed COOH-terminal isoforms of mBSC1 may account for the regulation of Na+-K+-2Cl- cotransport in the mouse TAL by hormones that generate cAMP...
- Functional comparison of the K+-Cl- cotransporters KCC1 and KCC4A Mercado
Molecular Physiology Unit, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán and Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico City, Mexico
J Biol Chem 275:30326-34. 2000..Overall, the functional comparison of these cloned K(+)-Cl(-) cotransporters reveals important functional, pharmacological, and kinetic differences with both physiological and mechanistic implications...
- Functional and molecular characterization of the K-Cl cotransporter of Xenopus laevis oocytesA Mercado
Molecular Physiology Unit, , , Tlalpan 14000, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 281:C670-80. 2001..J Biol Chem 275: 30326--30334, 2000)...