Alicia K Morgans
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Influence of age on incident diabetes and cardiovascular disease in prostate cancer survivors receiving androgen deprivation therapyAlicia K Morgans
School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee Electronic address
J Urol 193:1226-31. 2015..Using data from the population based PCOS we evaluated whether age at diagnosis and comorbidity impact the association of androgen deprivation therapy with incident diabetes and cardiovascular disease...
- Bone-targeted agents: preventing skeletal complications in prostate cancerAlicia K Morgans
Department of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Urol Clin North Am 39:533-46. 2012..ADT results in bone loss and fragility fractures. This review describes the biology of bone metastases, skeletal morbidity, and recent advances in bone-targeted therapies to prevent skeletal complications of prostate cancer...
- The Evolution of Self-Reported Urinary and Sexual Dysfunction over the Last Two Decades: Implications for Comparative Effectiveness ResearchMatthew J Resnick
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Nashville, TN, USA Electronic address
Eur Urol 67:1019-25. 2015..Despite the paramount importance of patient-reported outcomes, little is known about the evolution of patient-reported urinary and sexual function over time...
- Bone density testing among prostate cancer survivors treated with androgen-deprivation therapyAlicia K Morgans
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 119:863-70. 2013..Guidelines recommend bone density testing before and during ADT to characterize fracture risk. The authors of the current report assessed bone density testing among men who received ADT for ≥ 1 year...
- Contemporary prevalence of pretreatment urinary, sexual, hormonal, and bowel dysfunction: Defining the population at risk for harms of prostate cancer treatmentMatthew J Resnick
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee Geriatric Research Education and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Nashville, Tennessee
Cancer 120:1263-71. 2014..They also explored the associations between baseline function and age, comorbidity, and timing of baseline survey completion with respect to treatment...
- Racial differences in bone mineral density and fractures in men receiving androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancerAlicia K Morgans
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Urol 187:889-93. 2012..Using data from a prospective clinical trial we compared bone mineral density and fracture between African-American and Caucasian men receiving androgen deprivation therapy...