Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Sudden cardiac arrests, automated external defibrillators, and medical emergency response plans in Tennessee high schoolsMark L Meredith
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, The Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 29:352-6. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine the incidence of SCA and the prevalence of AEDs and MERPs in Tennessee high schools...
- Clear the fog: the challenges of altered mental status in childrenMark Meredith
Monroe Carrel Jr Children s Hospital, Vanderbilt
JEMS 37:56-61; quiz 61. 2012..An IV is established, and a glucose check is administered, revealing a blood sugar of 95. The patient will only respond to deep, sternal rub...
- Emergency response planning and sudden cardiac arrests in high schools after automated external defibrillator legislationAndrew M Watson
Department of Pediatrics, The Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital at Vanderbilt and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN Electronic address
J Pediatr 163:1624-1627.e1. 2013..To compare medical emergency response plan (MERP) and automated external defibrillator (AED) prevalence and define the incidence and outcomes of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) in high schools before and after AED legislation...
- Child abuse: discovering the horrifying truthLee Blair
Monroe Carrel Jr Children s Hospital, USA
JEMS 36:62-7; quiz 68. 2011..The ED staff suspects this patient is a victim of child maltreatment, so the proper authorities are notified. During the investigation, the mother admits to abusing the child...
- Shake, rattle, and roll: an update on pediatric seizuresSarah Szlam
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellow Szlam, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Monroe Carell Jr Children s Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville and Associate Professor of Pediatrics Meredith, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Le Bonheur Children s Hospital, Memphis TN
Pediatr Emerg Care 29:1287-91; quiz 1292-4. 2013..We will then review SE management basics and medical therapy, including both older and newer agents and their routes of administration for both the prehospital and the hospital setting. ..
- Cerebral oximetry and cerebral blood flow monitoring in 2 pediatric survivors with out-of-hospital cardiac arrestThomas Abramo
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
Am J Emerg Med 32:394.e5-394.e10. 2014....