Jefferson P Lomenick
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Generic levothyroxine compared with synthroid in young children with congenital hypothyroidismJefferson P Lomenick
MD, AssistantDivision of Endocrinology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 11136 Doctors Office Tower, 2200 Children s Way, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 9170
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:653-8. 2013....
- Phthalate exposure and precocious puberty in femalesJefferson P Lomenick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
J Pediatr 156:221-5. 2010..To determine whether phthalate exposure is associated with precocious puberty in girls...
- Effects of meals high in carbohydrate, protein, and fat on ghrelin and peptide YY secretion in prepubertal childrenJefferson P Lomenick
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40508, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4463-71. 2009..However, little is known about their secretion in response to meals high in individual macronutrients in prepubertal children...
- Glucagon-like peptide 1 and pancreatic polypeptide responses to feeding in normal weight and overweight childrenJefferson P Lomenick
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 22:493-500. 2009..We sought to assess meal-related changes in these hormones in young children and determine whether differences exist between normal weight (NW) and overweight (OW) children...
- Prevalence of adrenal insufficiency following systemic glucocorticoid therapy in infants with hemangiomasJefferson P Lomenick
Division of Endocrinology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Arch Dermatol 145:262-6. 2009..To determine the prevalence of adrenal insufficiency in infants with hemangiomas following treatment with systemic glucocorticoids (GCs)...
- Meal-related changes in ghrelin, peptide YY, and appetite in normal weight and overweight childrenJefferson P Lomenick
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:547-52. 2008..Our objectives were to characterize the patterns of secretion of these hormones in response to feeding in school-age children and determine whether there were differences between normal weight (NW) and overweight (OW) subjects...
- Effect of levo-thyroxine treatment on weight and body mass index in children with acquired hypothyroidismJefferson P Lomenick
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
J Pediatr 152:96-100. 2008..To determine whether normalization of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) in children with acquired hypothyroidism is associated with a decrease in weight or body mass index (BMI)...
- Growth, bone mineral accretion, and adrenal function in glucocorticoid-treated infants with hemangiomas-- a retrospective studyJefferson P Lomenick
Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Center, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and the University of Cincinnait School of Medicine, Cincinnati, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 23:169-74. 2006..Glucocorticoids did not affect bone mineralization adversely. Only 1 of 10 glucocorticoid-treated infants had clear evidence of adrenal insufficiency after therapy was stopped...
- Peptide tyrosine tyrosine levels are increased in patients with urea cycle disordersSabrina Mitchell
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Mol Genet Metab 106:39-42. 2012..These observations may lead to a better understanding of the development of anorexia in UCD patients...
- Activation of invariant natural killer T cells by lipid excess promotes tissue inflammation, insulin resistance, and hepatic steatosis in obese miceLan Wu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E1143-52. 2012..These findings place iNKT cells into the complex network linking lipid excess to inflammation in obesity and suggest new therapeutic avenues for obesity-associated metabolic disorders...
- Delayed diagnosis of hypothyroidism following excision of a thyroglossal duct cystJessica S Lilley
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 9170, USA
J Pediatr 162:427-8. 2013..We present the case of a 6-year-old girl with delayed diagnosis of iatrogenic hypothyroidism that developed after excision of a thyroglossal duct cyst...
- Low-dose adrenocorticotropic hormone stimulation testing in term infantsJefferson P Lomenick
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY, USA
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:773-9. 2007..However, there are no published data on the use of this test in term infants less than 12 months of age outside the newborn period...