Chee Chew Lim
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Glutathione peroxidase deficiency exacerbates ischemia-reperfusion injury in male but not female myocardium: insights into antioxidant compensatory mechanismsChee Chew Lim
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2220 Pierce Ave, PRB 340, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H2144-53. 2009....
- A novel mutant cardiac troponin C disrupts molecular motions critical for calcium binding affinity and cardiomyocyte contractilityChee Chew Lim
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Biophys J 94:3577-89. 2008..This in turn may trigger pathways leading to aberrant ventricular remodeling and ultimately a dilated cardiomyopathy phenotype...
- Neuregulin-1β regulation of embryonic endothelial progenitor cell survivalRadwan N Safa
Department of Molecular Medicine, Boston University, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H1311-9. 2011..NRG does not induce eEPC proliferation or migration but does protect eEPCs against serum deprivation-induced apoptosis. These results suggest a role for tissue-derived NRG in the regulation of EPC survival...
- 26S proteasome regulation of Ankrd1/CARP in adult rat ventricular myocytes and human microvascular endothelial cellsSusan E Samaras
Department of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 2561, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:830-5. 2012....
- Mechanisms of anthracycline cardiac injury: can we identify strategies for cardioprotection?Douglas B Sawyer
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Dis 53:105-13. 2010..Moreover, assessing an individual's risk for anthracycline injury may be improved by having some measure of endogenous activity of this and other myocardial protective signals...
- Titin determines the Frank-Starling relation in early diastoleMichiel Helmes
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Gen Physiol 121:97-110. 2003..This study demonstrates for the first time the importance of titin-based restoring force in length-dependent deactivation during the early phase of diastole...
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase modulates cytosolic redox status and contractile phenotype in adult cardiomyocytesMohit Jain
Cardiac Muscle Research Laboratory, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute and Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
Circ Res 93:e9-16. 2003..The full text of this article is available online at http://www.circresaha.org...
- Enhanced calcium cycling and contractile function in transgenic hearts expressing constitutively active G alpha o* proteinMing Zhu
Division of Cardiology, Rhode Island Hospital and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H1335-47. 2008..Alterations in protein phosphatase 1 activity rather than PKA-mediated phosphorylation might be involved in hyperphosphorylation of key Ca2+ handling proteins in hearts with constitutive G alpha o activation...
- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of anthracycline cardiotoxicityBilly Chen
Department of Molecular Medicine, Boston University, Boston, TN, USA
Cardiovasc Toxicol 7:114-21. 2007....
- Simultaneous orientation and cellular force measurements in adult cardiac myocytes using three-dimensional polymeric microstructuresYi Zhao
Laboratory for Biomedical Microsystems, Department of Biomedical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 64:718-25. 2007....
- A novel microfluidic impedance assay for monitoring endothelin-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophyMo Yang
Laboratory for Microsystems Technology, Department of Manufacturing Engineering, 15 Saint Mary s Street, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biosens Bioelectron 22:1688-93. 2007..An equivalent circuit model is introduced to fit the impedance spectrum to fully understand the impedance sensing system...
- Rapid electrical stimulation induces early activation of kinase signal transduction pathways and apoptosis in adult rat ventricular myocytesYukio Kuramochi
Molecular Stress Response Unit, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Exp Physiol 91:773-80. 2006..The rapid pacing methodology described in this report will be particularly useful in determination of cell signalling pathways associated with tachycardia-induced cardiomyopathy...
- Modulation of cardiac function: titin springs into actionChee Chew Lim
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute and Center for the Molecular Stress Response, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Gen Physiol 125:249-52. 2005
- Myocyte contractile activity modulates norepinephrine cytotoxicity and survival effects of neuregulin-1betaYukio Kuramochi
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute and Cardiovascular Divisions, Department of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C222-9. 2004..These results demonstrate the feasibility and importance of using electrically paced cardiomyocytes in primary culture when examining the signaling pathways of cell survival...
- Heterozygous cellular glutathione peroxidase deficiency in the mouse: abnormalities in vascular and cardiac function and structureMarc A Forgione
Evans Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
Circulation 106:1154-8. 2002..Cellular GPx (GPx-1) is the principal intracellular isoform of GPx. We hypothesized that GPx-1 deficiency per se induces endothelial dysfunction and structural vascular abnormalities through increased oxidant stress...
- Regulation and Maintenance of Cardiac Muscle Sarcomere IntegrityChee Chew Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding the molecular mechanisms of titin protein turnover will provide insight into the regulatory processes of sarcomere maintenance, and may ultimately lead to novel therapeutic approaches for heart failure cardiomyopathies. ..
- Role of titin in age-associated diastolic dysfunctionChee Chew Lim; Fiscal Year: 2007..The fourth aim will test if mechanisms involved in proteolytic processing of titin are impaired with aging. ..