Genomes and Genes
Lynne A Lapierre
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Rab11b resides in a vesicular compartment distinct from Rab11a in parietal cells and other epithelial cellsLynne A Lapierre
Department of Medicine, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Exp Cell Res 290:322-31. 2003..Thus, while Rab11a and Rab11b share high sequence homology, they appear to reside within distinct vesicle compartments...
- Coordinated regulation of caveolin-1 and Rab11a in apical recycling compartments of polarized epithelial cellsLynne A Lapierre
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 0443, USA
Exp Cell Res 318:103-13. 2012..These findings indicate that caveolin-1 is coordinately regulated with Rab11a within the apical recycling system of polarized epithelial cells, suggesting that the two proteins are components of the same pathway...
- Phosphorylation of Rab11-FIP2 regulates polarity in MDCK cellsLynne A Lapierre
Section of Surgical Sciences and Epithelial Biology Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:2302-18. 2012..These results indicate that Ser-227 phosphorylation of Rab11-FIP2 regulates the composition of both adherens and tight junctions and is intimately involved in the regulation of polarity in epithelial cells...
- Rab11-FIP2 regulates differentiable steps in transcytosisNicole A Ducharme
Vanderbilt Univ School of Medicine, Dept of Surgery, Epithelial Biology Program, 4160A MRB III, 465 21st St S, Nashville, TN 37232 2733, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1059-72. 2007..The results indicate that Rab11-FIP2 regulates trafficking at multiple points within the apical recycling system of polarized cells...
- MARK2/EMK1/Par-1Balpha phosphorylation of Rab11-family interacting protein 2 is necessary for the timely establishment of polarity in Madin-Darby canine kidney cellsNicole A Ducharme
Department of Surgery and Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, and the Nashville VA Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3625-37. 2006..These results indicate that phosphorylation of Rab11-FIP2 on serine 227 by MARK2 regulates an alternative pathway modulating the establishment of epithelial polarity...
- RhoB plays an essential role in CXCR2 sorting decisionsNicole F Neel
Department of Veterans Affairs, Nashville, TN 37212 2637, USA
J Cell Sci 120:1559-71. 2007..We conclude that oscillation of RhoB GTPase activity is essential for appropriate sorting decisions, and for directing CXCR2 degradation and recycling--events that are required for optimal chemotaxis...
- Use of fluorescence-activated vesicle sorting for isolation of Naked2-associated, basolaterally targeted exocytic vesicles for proteomics analysisZheng Cao
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1651-67. 2008....
- Dynamics of the apical plasma membrane recycling system during cell divisionKaren C Hobdy-Henderson
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Traffic 4:681-93. 2003..These results indicate that critical components of the apical recycling system remain associated on vesicles throughout the cell cycle and may provide a means for rapid re-establishment of plasma membrane components after mitosis...
- Rab11-family interacting protein 2 and myosin Vb are required for CXCR2 recycling and receptor-mediated chemotaxisGuo Huang Fan
Department of Veterans Affairs, Nashville, Tennessee 37212 2637, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2456-69. 2004....
- Characterization of immunoisolated human gastric parietal cells tubulovesicles: identification of regulators of apical recyclingLynne A Lapierre
Dept of Surgery, Vanderbilt Univ School of Medicine, 4160A MRB III, 465 21st St S, Nashville, TN 37232 2733, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1249-62. 2007..This study, which represents the first proteomic analysis of an immunoisolated vesicle population from native human tissue, demonstrates the diversity of putative regulators of the apical recycling system...
- Rab11 supports amphetamine-stimulated norepinephrine transporter traffickingHeinrich J G Matthies
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Neurosci 30:7863-77. 2010..Our data demonstrate that AMPH leads to an increase of NET in endosomes of single boutons and varicosities in a Rab11-dependent manner...
- Differential regulation of CXCR2 trafficking by Rab GTPasesGuo-Huang Fan
Department of Veterans Affairs, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Blood 101:2115-24. 2003..Our data suggest that the intracellular trafficking of CXCR2 is differentially regulated by Rab proteins...
- The pericentriolar recycling endosome plays a key role in Vpu-mediated enhancement of HIV-1 particle releaseVasundhara Varthakavi
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232-2581, USA
Traffic 7:298-307. 2006..These studies indicate that Vpu and HIV-2 envelope glycoprotein enhance particle release via a common mechanism that requires the activity of the pericentriolar recycling endosome...
- Alternative splicing in class V myosins determines association with Rab10Joseph T Roland
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 2733, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1213-23. 2009..These results indicate that Rab GTPases regulate diverse endocytic trafficking pathways through recruitment of multiple myosin V isoforms...
- Transformation of rat intestinal epithelial cells by overexpression of Rab25 is microtubule dependentLynne A Lapierre
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cytoskeleton (Hoboken) 68:97-111. 2011..Thus, depolymerization of microtubules may be a potent therapeutic target for cancer therapy through the reversal of the invasive phenotype of certain cancer cells...
- Secretory COPII coat component Sec23a is essential for craniofacial chondrocyte maturationMichael R Lang
Department of Medicine, Division of Genetic Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Nat Genet 38:1198-203. 2006..As SEC23A lesions cause the cranio-lenticulo-sutural dysplasia syndrome, crusher provides the first vertebrate model system that links the biology of endoplasmic reticulum to Golgi trafficking with a clinically relevant dysmorphology...
- Loss of Rab25 promotes the development of intestinal neoplasia in mice and is associated with human colorectal adenocarcinomasKi Taek Nam
Nashville Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2733, USA
J Clin Invest 120:840-9. 2010..Taken together, these results suggest that Rab25 may function as a tumor suppressor in intestinal epithelial cells through regulation of protein trafficking to the cell surface...
- Rab25 regulates integrin expression in polarized colonic epithelial cellsMoorthy Krishnan
Section of Surgical Sciences and the Epithelial Biology Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Mol Biol Cell 24:818-31. 2013..The results suggest that Rab25 controls intestinal cell polarity through the regulation of gene expression...
- Clostridium difficile Toxin B causes epithelial cell necrosis through an autoprocessing-independent mechanismNicole M Chumbler
Chemical and Physical Biology Program, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1003072. 2012..difficile - associated disease...
- Helicobacter pylori dysregulation of gastric epithelial tight junctions by urease-mediated myosin II activationLydia E Wroblewski
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2279, USA
Gastroenterology 136:236-46. 2009..We determined whether MLCK was activated by H pylori and defined the mechanisms through which such activation dysregulates gastric epithelial barrier function...
- Transforming acidic coiled-coil-containing protein 4 interacts with centrosomal AKAP350 and the mitotic spindle apparatusBrent T Steadman
Department of Medicine, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia and the Augusta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 277:30165-76. 2002..We propose that AKAP350 is responsible for sequestration of TACC4 to the centrosome in interphase, whereas a separate TACC4 domain results in functional localization of TACC4 to the spindle apparatus in mitotic cells...
- Interactions of myosin vb with rab11 family members and cargoes traversing the plasma membrane recycling systemLynne A Lapierre
Methods Enzymol 403:715-23. 2005..Expression of myosin Vb tail represents a powerful provocative test for the trafficking of cargoes through Rab11-containing plasma membrane recycling systems...
- Assessment of Rab11-FIP2 interacting proteins in vitroNicole A Ducharme
Methods Enzymol 403:706-15. 2005..We then broaden this application to assess binding of Rab11-FIP2 with myosin Vb and homodimerization of Rab11-FIP2...