Taneya Y Koonce
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Evidence-based databases versus primary medical literature: an in-house investigation on their optimal useTaneya Y Koonce
Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 220 Garland Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8340, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 92:407-11. 2004..The objective is to investigate the effectiveness of evidence-based medicine (EBM) resources in providing evidence for complex clinical questions versus general care management questions to identify situations for their optimal use...
- Toward a more informed patient: bridging health care information through an interactive communication portalTaneya Y Koonce
Eskind Biomedical Library
J Med Libr Assoc 95:77-81. 2007
- Synthesis of informatics literature to support institutional policy statement developmentTaneya Y Koonce
Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 8340, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 96:3-11. 2008
- A pilot study to evaluate learning style-tailored information prescriptions for hypertensive emergency department patientsTaneya Y Koonce
Eskind Biomedical Library, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 99:280-9. 2011..This pilot study explored whether learning style-tailored education materials, "information prescriptions," are effective in increasing hypertension knowledge in emergency room patients...
- Evolution of a mature clinical informationist modelNunzia B Giuse
MLS, Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 8340, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:249-55. 2005..Combining clinical informationist expertise with informatics tools is an effective strategy for delivering the evidence needed to support patient care decisions...
- Using health literacy and learning style preferences to optimize the delivery of health informationNunzia B Giuse
Department of Bioinformatics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
J Health Commun 17:122-40. 2012..This study demonstrates that personalizing health information to learning style preferences and literacy level improves patient understanding of hypertension...
- Using knowledge management practices to develop a state-of-the-art digital libraryAnnette M Williams
Eskind Biomedical Library, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2209 Garland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 107:99-103. 2004..EBL's Digital Library exemplifies a clear attempt to organize institutional knowledge in the field of librarianship, in an effort to positively impact clinical, research, and educational processes in the medical center...