H S Kirshner
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Medical prevention of stroke, 2003Howard S Kirshner
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
South Med J 96:354-8. 2003..Stroke prevention depends on the application of these well-known and widely available treatments to a large number of patients...
- Prevention of secondary stroke and transient ischaemic attack with antiplatelet therapy: the role of the primary care physician [corrected]H S Kirshner
Department of Neurology and Vanderbilt Stroke Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2551, USA
Int J Clin Pract 61:1739-48. 2007....
- Mild cognitive impairment: to treat or not to treatHoward S Kirshner
Department of Neurology, Stroke Division, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2100 Pierce Avenue, MCS 320, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 5:455-7. 2005..Galantamine appeared to be associated with excess deaths, and vitamin E was not effective. No medications are currently indicated for the prevention of dementia in patients with MCI...
- Long-term therapy to prevent strokeHoward S Kirshner
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2100 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 18:528-40. 2005..Clearly, better education of the public and active participation of primary care physicians is essential to get the message out to all those at risk...
- Posterior cortical atrophy: a brief reviewHoward S Kirshner
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2311 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232 3375, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 6:477-80. 2006..Occasional patients have visual hallucinations and signs of Parkinson's disease or Lewy body dementia. A number of different neuropathologic disorders are associated with posterior cortical atrophy...
- Delirium: a focused reviewHoward S Kirshner
Department of Neurology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, A 0118, Medical Center North, Nashville, TN 37232 2551, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 7:479-82. 2007..Several studies have investigated risk factors for the development of delirium during hospitalization. This article reviews the clinical features, etiology, clinical evaluation, and treatment of this syndrome...
- Therapeutic interventions for prevention of recurrent ischemic strokeHoward S Kirshner
Vanderbilt Stroke Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:S212-26. 2008..Effective secondary prevention must also address modifiable risk factors, such as obesity, smoking, and excessive alcohol consumption...
- Reducing the risk of strokeHoward S Kirshner
JAMA 289:1928; author reply 1929. 2003