Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Novel dialysis modalities: do we need new metrics to optimize treatment?Rachel Fissell
Glickman Urological Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 52:72S-8S. 2012....
- Comparative effectiveness of incident oral antidiabetic drugs on kidney functionAdriana M Hung
VA Tennessee Valley, Clinical Science Research and Development, Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center GRECC, Department of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Kidney Int 81:698-706. 2012..The risk associated with rosiglitazone was similar to metformin for both outcomes. Thus, compared to metformin, oral antidiabetic drug treatment with sulfonylureas increased the risk of a decline in eGFR, ESRD, or death...
- CRP polymorphisms and progression of chronic kidney disease in African AmericansAdriana M Hung
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Avenue South and Garland, Division of Nephrology, S 3223 MCN, Nashville, TN 37232 2372, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 5:24-33. 2010..It is unknown if CRP polymorphisms are associated with CKD progression or modify the effectiveness of anti-hypertensive therapy in delaying CKD progression...
- CRP polymorphisms and chronic kidney disease in the third national health and nutrition examination surveyAdriana M Hung
Veterans Administration Tennessee Valley Healthcare System Nashville, TN, USA
BMC Med Genet 12:65. 2011..We recently reported an association between the gene variant rs2808630 and CKD progression in African Americans with hypertensive kidney disease. This association has not been studied in other ethnic groups...
- Determinants of C-reactive protein in chronic hemodialysis patients: relevance of dialysis catheter utilizationADRIANA HUNG
Veterans Administration Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Clinical Research Center of Excellence and Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Hemodial Int 12:236-43. 2008..009). Our results indicate that the presence of a hemodialysis catheter is an independent determinant of an exaggerated inflammatory response in CHD patients representing a potentially modifiable risk factor...
- Inflammation, proteolysis and IL-1beta receptor inhibition in CHD patientsADRIANA HUNG; Fiscal Year: 2008..We want to test if reducing inflammation with an anti-inflammatory treatment will reduce muscle loss in dialysis patients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..