Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Conductive hearing loss and otopathology in cleft palate patientsSteven Goudy
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:946-8. 2006..Assess incidence of conductive hearing loss, ear pathology, and associated communicative disorders in cleft palate patients...
- Tbx1 is necessary for palatal elongation and elevationSteven Goudy
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN, USA
Mech Dev 127:292-300. 2010..These data demonstrate that Tbx1 is a critical transcription factor that guides palatal elongation and elevation and that Fgf8 expression in the palate is Tbx1-dependent...
- The occurrence of velopharyngeal insufficiency in Pierre Robin Sequence patientsSteven Goudy
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 75:1252-4. 2011..We hypothesize that the need for the surgical correction of VPI in PRS children is no different than cleft palate only (CPO) patients...
- Cell-autonomous and non-cell-autonomous roles for IRF6 during development of the tongueSteven Goudy
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56270. 2013..Based on these data, Irf6 plays important cell-autonomous and non-cell-autonomous roles in muscular differentiation and cytoskeletal formation in the tongue...
- Secondary alveolar bone grafting: outcomes, revisions, and new applicationsSteven Goudy
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, 1215 21th Ave South, 7209 MCE, Nashville, TN 37205, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 46:610-2. 2009..The use of allogenic materials during ABG did not show a statistical benefit in this study, but future review including more patients may be useful...
- Noncleft velopharyngeal insufficiency: etiology and need for surgical treatmentSteven Goudy
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Int J Otolaryngol 2012:296073. 2012..The rate of speech surgery to address VPI is similar to that of cleft palate patients. We propose that newly diagnosed noncleft VPI patients should undergo a thorough neurologic and genetic evaluation prior to surgery...
- Understanding velocardiofacial syndrome: how recent discoveries can help you improve your patient outcomesSivakumar Chinnadurai
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 20:502-6. 2012..Recent interest has focused on the cognitive and neuropsychiatric manifestations of VCFS. Improved understanding of the biology of VCFS associated mutations has the potential to improve therapeutic outcomes...
- Cranial neural crest ablation of Jagged1 recapitulates the craniofacial phenotype of Alagille syndrome patientsRyan Humphreys
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:1374-83. 2012..Future studies will investigate the mechanism in which Jagged1 acts in a cell autonomous and cell non-autonomous manner...
- Congenital laryngeal webs: surgical course and outcomesSteven Goudy
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 119:704-6. 2010..We compare the success of different surgical options in the treatment of laryngeal webs...