Genomes and Genes
Todd L Edwards
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- A study of prostaglandin pathway genes and interactions with current nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use in colorectal adenomaTodd L Edwards
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:855-63. 2012..We also observed effect modification of the HPGD signal by NSAID exposure...
- HTR1B, ADIPOR1, PPARGC1A, and CYP19A1 and obesity in a cohort of Caucasians and African Americans: an evaluation of gene-environment interactions and candidate genesTodd L Edwards
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, USA
Am J Epidemiol 175:11-21. 2012..A SNP in CYP19A1 interacted with dietary energy intake in African Americans, and another SNP in CYP191A had an independent association with BMI in Caucasians...
- A general framework for formal tests of interaction after exhaustive search methods with applications to MDR and MDR-PDTTodd L Edwards
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9363. 2010....
- Gene-environment interactions and obesity traits among postmenopausal African-American and Hispanic women in the Women's Health Initiative SHARe StudyDigna R Velez Edwards
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center Institute of Medicine and Public Health, Vanderbilt University, 2525 West End Avenue, Suite 600 6th fl, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Hum Genet 132:323-36. 2013..04, P = 2.17 × 10(-7)). No results exceeded the Bonferroni-corrected statistical significance threshold...
- Optimized selection of unrelated subjects for whole-genome sequencing studies of rare high-penetrance allelesTodd L Edwards
Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37212 0700, USA
Genet Epidemiol 36:472-9. 2012....
- Exploring the performance of Multifactor Dimensionality Reduction in large scale SNP studies and in the presence of genetic heterogeneity among epistatic disease modelsTodd L Edwards
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Hum Hered 67:183-92. 2009..Previously unknown aspects of MDR performance were the power to detect interactive effects given large numbers of non-model loci or varying degrees of heterogeneity among multiple epistatic disease models...
- Enriching targeted sequencing experiments for rare disease allelesTodd L Edwards
Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Bioinformatics 27:2112-8. 2011..SampleSeq also can be used to calculate the sample size needed for the resequencing to increase the chance of successful capture of rare alleles of desired frequencies. SOFTWARE: http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/SampleSeq..
- Interaction between interleukin 3 and dystrobrevin-binding protein 1 in schizophreniaTodd L Edwards
Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Schizophr Res 106:208-17. 2008..We also observed a significant main effect in DTNBP1, which survived correction for multiple comparisons, and numerous nominally significant effects in several genes...
- Race-specific impact of atrial fibrillation risk factors in blacks and whites in the southern community cohort studyLoren Lipworth
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:1637-42. 2012..In conclusion, these findings confirm the lower prevalence of AF among blacks than whites and suggest that traditional risk factors for AF apply similarly to the 2 groups and thus do not appear to explain the AF paradox in blacks...
- An association analysis of Alzheimer disease candidate genes detects an ancestral risk haplotype clade in ACE and putative multilocus association between ACE, A2M, and LRRTM3Todd L Edwards
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics and Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 150:721-35. 2009....
- Patterns of cytokine profiles differ with pregnancy outcome and ethnicityDigna R Velez
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Hum Reprod 23:1902-9. 2008..Preterm birth (PTB) is hypothesized to be an inflammatory response disease. However, no single factor alone is likely to explain PTB risk. It is more probable that coordinated networks of cytokines affect risk...
- Exploring epistasis in candidate genes for rheumatoid arthritisMarylyn D Ritchie
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Center for Human Genetics Research, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 21st Avenue South and Garland Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
BMC Proc 1:S70. 2007..This comparison should be extended in future studies with both simulated and real data...