Dan A Dixon
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Dysregulated post-transcriptional control of COX-2 gene expression in cancerDan A Dixon
Surgical Oncology Research Laboratory, Departments of Surgery and Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2733, USA
Curr Pharm Des 10:635-46. 2004....
- Regulation of COX-2 expression in human cancersDan A Dixon
Surgical Oncology Research Laboratory, Departments of Surgery and Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn, USA
Prog Exp Tumor Res 37:52-71. 2003
- Regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression by the translational silencer TIA-1Dan A Dixon
Surgical Oncology Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2733, USA
J Exp Med 198:475-81. 2003..These findings implicate that TIA-1 functions as a translational silencer of COX-2 expression and support the hypothesis that dysregulated RNA-binding of TIA-1 promotes COX-2 expression in neoplasia...
- Tristetraprolin binds to the COX-2 mRNA 3' untranslated region in cancer cellsOlivier Boutaud
Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232 6602, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 525:157-60. 2003
- Oncogenic Ras and transforming growth factor-beta synergistically regulate AU-rich element-containing mRNAs during epithelial to mesenchymal transitionCindy L Kanies
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, D 4316 Medical Center North, Nashville, TN 37232 2730, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:1124-36. 2008....
- Tristetraprolin binds to the 3'-untranslated region of cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA. A polyadenylation variant in a cancer cell line lacks the binding siteHitoshi Sawaoka
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 6602, USA
J Biol Chem 278:13928-35. 2003..However, the truncated transcript escaped tristetraprolin binding and downregulation...
- Smad4-dependent regulation of urokinase plasminogen activator secretion and RNA stability associated with invasiveness by autocrine and paracrine transforming growth factor-betaSheng Ru Shiou
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2730, USA
J Biol Chem 281:33971-81. 2006....
- Correlation of Skp2 with carcinogenesis, invasion, metastasis, and prognosis in colorectal tumorsJia Qing Li
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 2733, USA
Int J Oncol 25:87-95. 2004..Thus, overexpression of Skp2 is associated with colorectal carcinogenesis and late metastasis to lymph nodes, whereas relative reduction of Skp2 is correlated with local invasion of primary carcinoma...
- Regulation of cyclooxgenase-2 mRNA stability by taxanes: evidence for involvement of p38, MAPKAPK-2, and HuRKotha Subbaramaiah
Department of Medicine Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 278:37637-47. 2003..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first evidence that taxanes can promote stabilization of mRNA in addition to modulating gene transcription...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I induces cyclooxygenase-2 expression via PI3K, MAPK and PKC signaling pathways in human ovarian cancer cellsZongxian Cao
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9300, USA
Cell Signal 19:1542-53. 2007....
- Expression of COX-2 in platelet-monocyte interactions occurs via combinatorial regulation involving adhesion and cytokine signalingDan A Dixon
Department of Biological Sciences and South Carolina Cancer Center, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina 29203, USA
J Clin Invest 116:2727-38. 2006..These checkpoints may be altered in disease and therefore useful as targets for antiinflammatory intervention...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 is regulated by glycogen synthase kinase-3beta in gastric cancer cellsAlexandra Thiel
Department of Pathology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, and Molecular and Cancer Biology Research Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
J Biol Chem 281:4564-9. 2006..Our data show that inhibition of GSK-3beta stimulates COX-2 expression in gastric cancer cells, which seems to be primarily facilitated via an increase in mRNA stability and to a lesser extent through enhanced transcription...
- Green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits cyclooxygenase-2 expression in colon carcinogenesisGuang Peng
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, School of Medicine, The University of South Carolina, and South Carolina Cancer Center, Columbia, South Carolina 29203, USA
Mol Carcinog 45:309-19. 2006..In conclusion, these data suggest that inhibition of COX-2 is a mechanism for the anti-proliferative effect of green tea and emphasizes the role that dietary factors have as anti-cancer agents...
- Dipyridamole selectively inhibits inflammatory gene expression in platelet-monocyte aggregatesAndrew S Weyrich
Department of Internal Medicine, Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bldg 533, Room 4220, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Circulation 111:633-42. 2005..Here, we determined whether dipyridamole and aspirin, a combination therapy used to prevent recurrent stroke, regulates gene expression in platelet-monocyte inflammatory model systems...
- Change in protein phenotype without a nucleus: translational control in plateletsAndrew S Weyrich
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 30:491-8. 2004..We highlight the molecular machinery and pathways used by platelets to translate mRNA into protein and offer insight into how these synthesized products may regulate thrombotic and inflammatory events...
- Fluid flow regulates E-selectin protein levels in human endothelial cells by inhibiting translationLarry W Kraiss
Division of Vascular Surgery, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City UT, 84112 5330, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:161-8. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the mechanism with which fluid flow inhibits endothelial E-selectin expression...