Carissa J Cascio
Affiliation: Vanderbilt University
- Perceptual and neural response to affective tactile texture stimulation in adults with autism spectrum disordersCarissa J Cascio
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Autism Res 5:231-44. 2012....
- The rubber hand illusion in children with autism spectrum disorders: delayed influence of combined tactile and visual input on proprioceptionCarissa J Cascio
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, 1601 23rd Ave South Suite 3057, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
Autism 16:406-19. 2012..A better understanding of body representation in ASD may elucidate neural underpinnings of social deficits, thus informing future intervention approaches...
- Response of neural reward regions to food cues in autism spectrum disordersCarissa J Cascio
Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, 1601 23rd Ave South, Suite 3057, Nashville, TN 37212, USA
J Neurodev Disord 4:9. 2012..abstract:..
- Somatosensory processing in neurodevelopmental disordersCarissa J Cascio
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Vanderbilt University Department of Psychiatry, 1601 23rd Avenue South, Suite 3057, Nashville, TN, 37212, USA
J Neurodev Disord 2:62-9. 2010..Given the central role of touch in early development, both experimental and clinical approaches should take into consideration the role of somatosensory processing in the etiology and treatment of neurodevelopmental disorders...
- Altered auditory and multisensory temporal processing in autism spectrum disordersLeslie D Kwakye
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Vanderbilt University Nashville, TN, USA
Front Integr Neurosci 4:129. 2011....
- A substantial and unexpected enhancement of motion perception in autismJennifer H Foss-Feig
Department of Psychology and Human Development, and Vanderbilt Kennedy Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37203, Center for Visual Science, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences and Department of Ophthalmology, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, and Department of Psychiatry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37212
J Neurosci 33:8243-9. 2013..Overall, we report a pattern of motion perception abnormalities in ASD that includes substantial enhancements at high contrast and is consistent with an underlying excitatory/inhibitory imbalance...
- An extended multisensory temporal binding window in autism spectrum disordersJennifer H Foss-Feig
Department of Psychology and Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Exp Brain Res 203:381-9. 2010..These findings provide valuable new insights into our understanding of sensory processing in ASD and may hold promise for the development of more sensitive diagnostic measures and improved remediation strategies...