S G Gray
Affiliation: Van Andel Research Institute
- The human histone deacetylase familyS G Gray
Laboratory for Molecular Development and Tumor Biology, Centre for Molecular Medicine CMM, Stockholm, S 171 76, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 262:75-83. 2001..The results obtained suggest that the number of histone deacetylases within the human genome may be as high as 17 and are discussed in relation to their homology to the yeast histone deacetylases...
- Histone acetylation/deacetylation and cancer: an "open" and "shut" case?S G Gray
Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Curr Mol Med 1:401-29. 2001..This article describes some of the current knowledge about histone acetyltransferases and histone deacetylases, and how their multitudinal roles in cellular events may have important roles in tumorigensis...
- Altered expression of members of the IGF-axis in hepatoblastomasS G Gray
Dept of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Cancer 82:1561-7. 2000..The results show that the expression of the IGF-axis members included in the present study are altered between tumour and normal, and indicate that the IGF-axis may be involved in hepatoblastoma development...
- Methylation changes in the human IGF2 p3 promoter parallel IGF2 expression in the primary tumor, established cell line, and xenograft of a human hepatoblastomaT Eriksson
Laboratory for Molecular Development and Tumor Biology, Experimental Alcohol and Drug Addicition Research Section, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, CMM, L8:01, Stockholm, S-171 76, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 270:88-95. 2001..We suggest that methylation of the proximal IGF2 P3 is important for its regulation...
- Expression levels of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins and insulin receptor isoforms in hepatoblastomasH von Horn
Laboratory for Molecular Development and Tumor Biology, Experimental Alcohol and Drug Addiction Research Section, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, CMM, L8 01, S-171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Cancer Lett 162:253-60. 2001..The expression profiles obtained reveal that the expression of these genes are altered in these tumors. The results indicate that the IGF-axis is seriously disturbed in the tumors...
- Microarray profiling of the effects of histone deacetylase inhibitors on gene expression in cancer cell linesS G Gray
Laboratory for Cancer Genetics, Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Int J Oncol 24:773-95. 2004..Our results show that the patterns of alterations which emerge are similar for each cell type...
- IGF-II and IL-2 act synergistically to alter HDAC1 expression following treatments with trichostatin aS G Gray
Laboratory for Molecular Development and Tumour Biology, Karolinska Institute CMM, L8 01, Stockholm, Sweden
Cytokine 12:1104-9. 2000..Our results indicate that in contrast to the mouse, HDAC1 is not inducible by IL-2. However, in TSA treated cells, IL-2 and IGF-II were found to act synergistically to reduce TSA induced HDAC1 mRNA levels almost to normal...
- Effects of cell density and trichostatin A on the expression of HDAC1 and p57Kip2 in Hep 3B cellsS G Gray
Laboratory for Molecular Development and Tumour Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 245:423-7. 1998..These effects were found to be cell density dependent. The results suggest that HDAC1 plays a role in its own regulation, and that investigations using TSA should be carried out when cells grow exponentially...
- Comparative genomic hybridization reveals population-based genetic alterations in hepatoblastomasS G Gray
Laboratory for Molecular Development and Tumor Biology, Experimental Alcohol and Drug Addiction Research Section, Dept of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, CMM, L8 01, Stockholm, S 171 76, Sweden
Br J Cancer 83:1020-5. 2000..In conclusion, the findings indicate several candidate regions for suppressor genes and oncogenes potentially involved in the hepatoblastomas of different ethnic origin...
- Modulation of splicing events in histone deacetylase 3 by various extracellular and signal transduction pathwaysS G Gray
Van Andel Research Institute, Laboratory for Cancer Research, 333 Bostwick NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Gene Expr 11:13-21. 2003..These results indicate that differential pathways in mouse and human may control the regulation of HDAC3, and that splice variants may play important roles in responding to exogenous stimuli that act via signal transduction pathways...
- Human histone deacetylase 2, HDAC2 (Human RPD3), is localized to 6q21 by radiation hybrid mappingR Betz
Department of Molecular Medicine, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Experimental Alcohol and Drug Addiction Research Section, Karolinska Hospital, CMM, L8:01, Stockholm, S-171 76, Sweden
Genomics 52:245-6. 1998