Sara A Courtneidge
Affiliation: Van Andel Research Institute
- Role of Src in signal transduction pathways. The Jubilee LectureSara A Courtneidge
Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, U S A
Biochem Soc Trans 30:11-7. 2002..Furthermore, we have also shown that this requirement for Src is abrogated in cells lacking the tumour suppressor p53, suggesting that another of Src's functions in normal cells is to suppress the actions of p53...
- Isolation of novel Src substratesS A Courtneidge
Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 31:25-8. 2003..Several of these are indeed Src substrates in mammalian cells. We have characterized further one of these novel substrates, Fish, which is a multi-domain adaptor protein...
- The adaptor protein Tks5/Fish is required for podosome formation and function, and for the protease-driven invasion of cancer cellsDarren F Seals
Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
Cancer Cell 7:155-65. 2005..Thus, Tks5/Fish appears to be required for podosome formation, for degradation of the extracellular matrix, and for invasion of some cancer cells...
- Platelet-derived growth factor stimulates Src-dependent mRNA stabilization of specific early genes in fibroblastsPaul A Bromann
Laboratory of Signal Regulation and Cancer, Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
J Biol Chem 280:10253-63. 2005..Our data suggest that PDGF regulates gene expression through an SFK-specific pathway that is distinct from the Ras-MAPK and PI3K pathways, and that SFKs signal gene expression by enhancing mRNA stability...
- The interplay between Src family kinases and receptor tyrosine kinasesPaul A Bromann
Van Andel Research Institute, 333 Bostwick NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
Oncogene 23:7957-68. 2004....
- The multi-adaptor proto-oncoprotein Cbl is a key regulator of Rac and actin assemblyRobin M Scaife
Department of Pathology, University of Western Australia, QE II Medical Centre, Crawley WA 6009, Australia
J Cell Sci 116:463-73. 2003..Hence, the selective regulation of RTK signaling to the actin cytoskeleton appears to result from recruitment of signaling proteins on a Cbl template bound to the actin cytoskeleton...
- The adaptor protein fish associates with members of the ADAMs family and localizes to podosomes of Src-transformed cellsClare L Abram
SUGEN Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 278:16844-51. 2003..Because members of the ADAMs family have been implicated in growth factor processing, as well as cell adhesion and motility, Fish could be acting as an adaptor molecule that allows Src to impinge on these processes...
- A role for the podosome/invadopodia scaffold protein Tks5 in tumor growth in vivoBarbara Blouw
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, Tumor Microenvironment Program, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Eur J Cell Biol 87:555-67. 2008..Our data potentially implicate a novel role of podosomes as mediators of tumor angiogenesis and support further exploration of how podosome formation and Tks5 expression contribute to tumor progression...
- The Translational Research Working Group developmental pathway for anticancer agents (drugs or biologics)Richard L Schilsky
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:5685-91. 2008..This article presents the Agents Developmental Pathway and discusses key challenges associated with the processes described...