Heidi J Wengreen
Affiliation: Utah State University
- Incentivizing children's fruit and vegetable consumption: results of a United States pilot study of the Food Dudes ProgramHeidi J Wengreen
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 8700, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 45:54-9. 2013..Preliminary evaluation in the United States (US) of a school-based fruit and vegetable (F/V) intervention, known as the Food Dudes (FD) program, developed in the United Kingdom...
- Change in diet, physical activity, and body weight among young-adults during the transition from high school to collegeHeidi J Wengreen
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, USA
Nutr J 8:32. 2009..The freshmen year of college is likely a critical period for risk of weight gain among young-adults...
- Diet quality is associated with better cognitive test performance among aging men and womenHeidi J Wengreen
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences and the Center for Epidemiologic Studies, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
J Nutr 139:1944-9. 2009..0013). The non-RFS was not associated with cognitive scores. Consuming a diverse diet that includes a variety of recommended foods may help to attenuate age-related cognitive decline among the elderly...
- Antioxidant intake and risk of osteoporotic hip fracture in Utah: an effect modified by smoking statusJianjun Zhang
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, UT, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:9-17. 2006..0001). No similar associations were found in never smokers. Antioxidant intake was associated with reduced risk of osteoporotic hip fracture in these elderly subjects, and the effect was strongly modified by smoking status...
- Increased self-efficacy for vegetable preparation following an online, skill-based intervention and in-class tasting experience as a part of a general education college nutrition courseKatie N Brown
Department of Nutrition, Dietetics, and Food Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322 8700, USA
Am J Health Promot 26:14-20. 2011....
- Dietary protein intake and risk of osteoporotic hip fracture in elderly residents of UtahHeidi J Wengreen
Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322-4450, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:537-45. 2004..The association between dietary protein intake and risk of hip fracture may be modified by age. Our study supports the hypothesis that adequate dietary protein is important for optimal bone health in the elderly 50-69 years of age...