Eric N Reither
Affiliation: Utah State University
- Should age-period-cohort studies return to the methodologies of the 1970s?Eric N Reither
Department of Sociology and the Yun Kim Population Research Laboratory, Utah State University, 0730 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 0730, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 128:356-65. 2015..We conclude by encouraging social scientists to move beyond the debates of the 1970s and toward a deeper appreciation for modern APC methodologies. ..
- Racial and ethnic disparities in AIDS incidence: an examination of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1990-2000Eric N Reither
Department of Sociology, Social Work and Anthropology, Utah State University, Logan UT 84322 0730, USA
WMJ 106:380-4. 2007..Public health agencies have identified the elimination of health disparities as a major policy objective...
- A procedure to correct proxy-reported weight in the National Health Interview Survey, 1976-2002Eric N Reither
Population Research Laboratory, Department of Sociology, Social Work, and Anthropology, Utah State University, Logan, UT, USA
Popul Health Metr 7:2. 2009..Proxy-reports of height and weight were discontinued as part of the 1997 NHIS redesign, suggesting that the sharp increase between 1996 and 1997 may be artifactual...
- Predicting adult health and mortality from adolescent facial characteristics in yearbook photographsEric N Reither
Population Research Laboratory and Department of Sociology, Social Work and Anthropology, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322, USA
Demography 46:27-41. 2009..We suggest that other longitudinal studies may also be able to obtain photos of participants at younger ages and thus gain a prospectively useful substitute for direct measures of body mass...
- Do birth cohorts matter? Age-period-cohort analyses of the obesity epidemic in the United StatesEric N Reither
Utah State University, Department of Sociology, Logan, UT 84322 0730, USA
Soc Sci Med 69:1439-48. 2009..s...
- New forecasting methodology indicates more disease and earlier mortality ahead for today's younger AmericansEric N Reither
Department of Sociology, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 30:1562-8. 2011..We suggest that public policy makers adopt this more robust forecasting tool and redouble efforts to develop and implement effective obesity-related prevention programs and interventions...
- The impact of obesity on US mortality levels: the importance of age and cohort factors in population estimatesRyan K Masters
at the time of the study, Ryan K Masters was with Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health and Society Scholars Program, Columbia University, New York, NY Eric N Reither and Andrew E Burger were with Department of Sociology, Social Work, and Anthropology, Utah State University, Logan Daniel A Powers was with Department of Sociology, University of Texas at Austin Y Claire Yang was with Department of Sociology and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill Bruce G Link was with Department of Epidemiology and Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Columbia University
Am J Public Health 103:1895-901. 2013....
- Prenatal care, childhood obesity, and ethnic health disparities: analyses from a unique population databaseRebecca L Utz
Department of Sociology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 0250, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:302-20. 2012....
- Neighborhood effects on BMI trends: examining BMI trajectories for Black and White womenErin Ruel
Department of Sociology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Health Place 16:191-8. 2010..However, without neighborhood-level variables, the BMI trajectory model is misspecified, highlighting the importance of including community factors in future research...
- Increasing educational disparities in premature adult mortality, Wisconsin, 1990-2000Eric N Reither
Utah State University, 0730 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 0730, USA
WMJ 105:38-41. 2006..Public health agencies have identified the elimination of health disparities as a major policy objective...
- Monitoring receipt of seasonal influenza vaccines with BRFSS and NHIS data: challenges and solutionsAndrew E Burger
Yun Kim Population Research Laboratory, Department of Sociology, Utah State University, 0730 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 0730, United States Electronic address
Vaccine 32:3950-4. 2014....