Stephan D Flint
Affiliation: Utah State University
- Field testing of biological spectral weighting functions for induction of UV-absorbing compounds in higher plantsStephan D Flint
Department of Forest, Range and Wildlife Sciences and Ecology Center, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 5230, USA
Photochem Photobiol 79:399-403. 2004..However, they imply lower radiation supplements than a new plant growth BSWF that has a greater emphasis on UV-A wavelengths...
- Serious complications in experiments in which UV doses are effected by using different lamp heightsStephan D Flint
Department of Wildland Resources and the Ecology Center, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 5230, USA
J Photochem Photobiol B 97:48-53. 2009..g., electronically modulated lamp control systems). These choices should be determined according to the goals of the particular experiment...
- Terrestrial ecosystems, increased solar ultraviolet radiation and interactions with other climatic change factorsMartyn M Caldwell
Ecology Center, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322-5230, USA
Photochem Photobiol Sci 2:29-38. 2003..For example, even though warming may lead to fewer killing frosts, with enhanced UV-B and elevated CO2 levels, some plant species may have increased sensitivity to frost damage...
- How much variance is explained by ecologists? Additional perspectivesMichael S Peek
Department of Forest, Range and Wildlife Sciences and the Ecology Center, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322 5230, USA
Oecologia 137:161-70. 2003..This study, combined with Møller and Jennions', illustrates importance of applying statistical models appropriately to assess ecological relationships...
- Variations in UV-B tolerance and germination speed of Metarhizium anisopliae conidia produced on insects and artificial substratesDrauzio E N Rangel
Department of Biology, Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322-5305, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 87:77-83. 2004..anisopliae conidial UV-B tolerance and speed of germination; and manipulation of these variables could be used to obtain conidia with increased tolerance to UV-B radiation and shorter germination times...
- Plant responses to current solar ultraviolet-B radiation and to supplemented solar ultraviolet-B radiation simulating ozone depletion: an experimental comparisonM Cecilia Rousseaux
, , Buenos Aires, Argentina
Photochem Photobiol 80:224-30. 2004....
- Conidial pigmentation is important to tolerance against solar-simulated radiation in the entomopathogenic fungus Metarhizium anisopliaeGilberto U L Braga
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Photochem Photobiol 82:418-22. 2006..anisopliae strains with more tolerance to solar UV radiation...
- Diurnal changes in epidermal UV transmittance of plants in naturally high UV environmentsPaul W Barnes
Department of Biological Sciences, Loyola University New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Physiol Plant 133:363-72. 2008..Results suggest that plants actively control diurnal changes in UV shielding, and these changes occur in response to signals other than solar UV; however, the underlying mechanisms responsible for rapid changes in T(UV) remain unclear...