Christopher W Woodall
Affiliation: USDA Forest Service
- Imputing forest carbon stock estimates from inventory plots to a nationally continuous coverageBarry Tyler Wilson
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, Forest Inventory and Analysis, St, Paul, MN, 55108, USA
Carbon Balance Manag 8:1. 2013..g., UNFCCC) and regional scales (e.g., Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation projects) while allowing timely incorporation of empirical data (e.g., annual forest inventory)...
- Survival analysis for a large-scale forest health issue: Missouri oak declineC W Woodall
USDA Forest Service, North Central Research Station, 1992 Folwell Avenue, St Paul, Minnesota, USA
Environ Monit Assess 108:295-307. 2005....
- Climatic regions as an indicator of forest coarse and fine woody debris carbon stocks in the United StatesChristopher W Woodall
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, 1992 Folwell Avenue, St, Paul, MN 55108, USA
Carbon Balance Manag 3:5. 2008..This study used a nationwide inventory of coarse and fine woody debris in the United States to examine how these carbon stocks vary by climatic regions and variables...
- Estimating dead wood during national forest inventories: a review of inventory methodologies and suggestions for harmonizationChristopher W Woodall
U S Department of Agriculture, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Environ Manage 44:624-31. 2009..g., workshops) among countries inventorying DW are suggestions forwarded by this study to increase DW inventory harmonization...
- Status and future of the forest health indicators program of the USAChristopher William Woodall
Northern Research Station, USDA Forest Service, St Paul, MN, USA
Environ Monit Assess 177:419-36. 2011....
- A framework for assessing global change risks to forest carbon stocks in the United StatesChristopher W Woodall
US Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station, St Paul, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e73222. 2013..e., disturbance events and interaction among diverse forest C pools, potential positive feedbacks, and forest resiliency/recovery) suggests an operational forest C risk matrix remains elusive. ..
- From models to measurements: comparing downed dead wood carbon stock estimates in the U.S. forest inventoryGrant M Domke
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, St Paul, Minnesota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e59949. 2013..S. adopt field-based estimates of CWD C stocks as a component of its NGHGI to both reduce the uncertainty within the inventory and improve the sensitivity to potential management and climate change events...
- Accounting for density reduction and structural loss in standing dead trees: Implications for forest biomass and carbon stock estimates in the United StatesGrant M Domke
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, St, Paul, MN, USA
Carbon Balance Manag 6:14. 2011..abstract:..
- Assessment of forest fuel loadings in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin IslandsThomas J Brandeis
USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Knoxville, TN 37919, USA
Ambio 37:557-62. 2008..Forest disturbance cycles and successional development must be taken into account by agencies charged with fire protection and risk assessment...