Samuel A Cushman
Affiliation: USDA Forest Service
- Gene flow in complex landscapes: testing multiple hypotheses with causal modelingSamuel A Cushman
U S Department of Agriculture U S Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station, Missoula, Montana 59807, USA
Am Nat 168:486-99. 2006..The alternative landscape models, isolation by barriers and isolation by distance, are not supported. In this black bear population, gene flow is facilitated by contiguous forest cover at middle elevations...
- Use of empirically derived source-destination models to map regional conservation corridorsSamuel A Cushman
U S D A Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station, 800 East Beckwith, Missoula, MT 59801, USA
Conserv Biol 23:368-76. 2009..Our methods are generic and can be applied to virtually any species for which reliable maps of landscape resistance can be developed...
- Use of abundance of one species as a surrogate for abundance of othersSamuel A Cushman
USDA Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station, Missoula MT 59801, USA
Conserv Biol 24:830-40. 2010..Coupled with the lack of proven efficacy for species surrogacy in the literature, our results indicate the utility of indicators and similar types of surrogate approaches must be demonstrated rather than assumed...
- Spurious correlations and inference in landscape geneticsSamuel A Cushman
USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station, Missoula, MT 59801, USA
Mol Ecol 19:3592-602. 2010....
- Wolverine gene flow across a narrow climatic nicheMichael K Schwartz
USDA Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station, 800 East Beckwith, Missoula, Montana 59801, USA
Ecology 90:3222-32. 2009....