Thabet M Tolaymat
Affiliation: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- An evidence-based environmental perspective of manufactured silver nanoparticle in syntheses and applications: a systematic review and critical appraisal of peer-reviewed scientific papersThabet M Tolaymat
USEPA Office of Research and Development, National Risk Management Laboratory, 26 West Martin Luther King Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45224, United States
Sci Total Environ 408:999-1006. 2010....
- Evaluation of landfill gas decay constant for municipal solid waste landfills operated as bioreactorsThabet M Tolaymat
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, Cincinnati, OH 45234, USA
J Air Waste Manag Assoc 60:91-7. 2010..The more rapid decomposition in the bioreactor cells reduces the length of time over which gas will be produced and emphasizes the importance of having a LFG collection system operational once the waste receives added moisture...
- Surface charge-dependent toxicity of silver nanoparticlesAmro M El Badawy
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Environ Sci Technol 45:283-7. 2011..This step was crucial in determining the true AgNPs toxicity and is either missing or not explicitly mentioned in most of the reported toxicity studies...
- Synchrotron speciation of silver and zinc oxide nanoparticles aged in a kaolin suspensionKirk G Scheckel
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Environ Sci Technol 44:1307-12. 2010..Chemical and physical alteration of nanomaterials in the environment must be examined to understand fate, mobility, and toxicology...
- Key factors controlling the transport of silver nanoparticles in porous mediaAmro M El Badawy
Department of Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221, USA
Environ Sci Technol 47:4039-45. 2013..The results highlight the importance of both the stabilization mechanism and capping agent chemistry as key factors governing the transport of AgNPs in the environment...
- Impact of environmental conditions (pH, ionic strength, and electrolyte type) on the surface charge and aggregation of silver nanoparticles suspensionsAmro M El Badawy
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Environ Sci Technol 44:1260-6. 2010..As for PVP coated AgNPs, the ionic strength, pH and electrolyte type had no impact on the aggregation of the sterically stabilized AgNPs. The surface charge and aggregation of the BPEI coated AgNPs varied according to the solution pH...
- The speciation of silver nanoparticles in antimicrobial fabric before and after exposure to a hypochlorite/detergent solutionChristopher A Impellitteri
U S Environmental Protection Agency National Risk Management Research Lab, 26 West Martin Luther King Dr, Cincinnati, OH 45268, USA
J Environ Qual 38:1528-30. 2009..In addition, the efficacy of Ag, as an antimicrobial agent in fabrics, may be limited, or even negated, after washing in solutions containing oxidizers as AgCl is much less reactive than Ag ion...