Affiliation: US Oncology
- Sonpavde G, Sternberg C, Rosenberg J, Hahn N, Galsky M, Vogelzang N. Second-line systemic therapy and emerging drugs for metastatic transitional-cell carcinoma of the urothelium. Lancet Oncol. 2010;11:861-70 pubmed publisher..A multidisciplinary approach is necessary to make therapeutic advances. This review discusses current second-line therapy and emerging drugs for advanced transitional-cell carcinoma. ..
- Sonpavde G, Matveev V, Burke J, Caton J, Fleming M, Hutson T, et al. Randomized phase II trial of docetaxel plus prednisone in combination with placebo or AT-101, an oral small molecule Bcl-2 family antagonist, as first-line therapy for metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer. Ann Oncol. 2012;23:1803-8 pubmed publisher..In a subgroup of high-risk mCRPC (n=34), outcomes appeared to favor ADP (median OS 19 versus 14 months). AT-101 was tolerable but did not extend OS when combined with DP in mCRPC; a potential benefit was observed in high-risk patients. ..
- Sonpavde G, Watson D, Tourtellott M, Cowey C, Hellerstedt B, Hutson T, et al. Administration of cisplatin-based chemotherapy for advanced urothelial carcinoma in the community. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2012;10:1-5 pubmed publisher..9% of patients who presented with AJCC stage 4 UC in a community-based cancer center network. Drug development focused on tolerable single-agent therapy or combination regimens without a cisplatin backbone should be a priority. ..
- Sonpavde G, Hutson T, Roth B. Management of recurrent testicular germ cell tumors. Oncologist. 2007;12:51-61 pubmed..Salvage surgical resection has an important role in selected patients. Cisplatin-refractory patients have a poor prognosis with current therapy, and novel chemotherapeutic and biologic agents need to be discovered for such patients. ..
- Sonpavde G, Pond G, Berry W, de Wit R, Armstrong A, Eisenberger M, et al. Serum alkaline phosphatase changes predict survival independent of PSA changes in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer and bone metastasis receiving chemotherapy. Urol Oncol. 2012;30:607-13 pubmed publisher..An increase in ALP by day 90 was also predictive of poor survival independent of ?50% PSA increase. Given the ready availability of ALP, the validation of our data is warranted. ..