Affiliation: US Oncology
- Randomized phase III study of trastuzumab, paclitaxel, and carboplatin compared with trastuzumab and paclitaxel in women with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancerNicholas Robert
US Oncology Research Inc, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2786-92. 2006..This randomized, multicenter, phase III trial evaluated the efficacy and safety of trastuzumab and paclitaxel with or without carboplatin as first-line therapy for women with HER-2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Sunitinib plus paclitaxel versus bevacizumab plus paclitaxel for first-line treatment of patients with advanced breast cancer: a phase III, randomized, open-label trialNicholas J Robert
Virginia Cancer Specialists, US Oncology, Fairfax, VA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 11:82-92. 2011....
- RIBBON-1: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial of chemotherapy with or without bevacizumab for first-line treatment of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative, locally recurrent or metastatic breast cancerNicholas J Robert
Virginia Cancer Specialists, US Oncology, Fairfax, VA, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:1252-60. 2011....
- Results of a phase II study of pemetrexed as first-line chemotherapy in patients with advanced or metastatic breast cancerNicholas J Robert
US Oncology Research, Inc, The Woodlands, TX, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:101-8. 2011..Grade 1/2 alopecia was seen in 8% of patients. This phase II study of dose-dense, single-agent pemetrexed showed moderate activity in the first-line setting with acceptable toxicity and no significant alopecia...
- Adjuvant dose-dense doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed by dose-dense nab-paclitaxel is safe in women with early-stage breast cancer: a pilot studyNicholas Robert
US OncologyVirginia Cancer Specialists, 8503 Arlington Blvd, 400, Fairfax, VA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:115-20. 2011..Administering adjuvant dose-dense AC followed by 260 mg/m(2) dose-dense nab-paclitaxel was feasible in women with early-stage BC, with manageable AEs. Most patients had ≤ 1 grade neuropathy 2 months after treatment completion...
- HER2-positive advanced breast cancerNicholas J Robert
US Oncology Research Network, Fairfax Northern Virginia Hematology Oncology, 8503 Arlington Boulevard, 400, Fairfax, VA 22031, USA
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 21:293-302. 2007..This article reviews the biology of HER2, testing for HER2, clinical studies evaluating HER2-based therapies, side effects (specifically cardiotoxicity), and strategies for HER2-based therapies...
- Phase III multicenter trial of doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed by paclitaxel compared with doxorubicin plus paclitaxel followed by weekly paclitaxel as adjuvant therapy for women with high-risk breast cancerDavid Loesch
US Oncology Research, The Woodlands, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:2958-65. 2010..This study compared disease-free survival (DFS) obtained with two different regimens of adjuvant therapy in high-risk breast cancer...
- Phase II multicenter trial of a weekly paclitaxel and carboplatin regimen in patients with advanced breast cancerDavid Loesch
U S Oncology, Inc, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:3857-64. 2002..To determine the activity of weekly paclitaxel plus carboplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced breast cancer (ABC) by assessing response rate, survival, and safety...
- A phase II trial of weekly paclitaxel, 5-fluorouracil, and leucovorin as first-line treatment for metastatic breast cancerDavid M Loesch
Oncology and Hematology Associates, Inc, Indianapolis, IN 46227 0900, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 77:115-23. 2003..This phase II multicenter trial evaluated the efficacy and toxicity of weekly paclitaxel, 5-fluorouracil, and leucovorin administered as first-line therapy for metastatic breast cancer...
- Phase II study of weekly albumin-bound paclitaxel for patients with metastatic breast cancer heavily pretreated with taxanesJoanne L Blum
Baylor Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:850-6. 2007..We examined albumin-bound paclitaxel (100 mg/m2 or 125 mg/m2 administered weekly) to determine the antitumor activity in patients with MBC whose disease progressed despite conventional taxane therapy...
- The role of the liposomal anthracyclines and other systemic therapies in the management of advanced breast cancerNicholas J Robert
The Cancer Center, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA, USA
Semin Oncol 31:106-46. 2004..The toxicity profile of NPLD is similar to that of conventional doxorubicin, but toxicities are less severe and NPLD is better tolerated than conventional doxorubicin at higher doses...
- Conventional adjuvant chemotherapy with or without high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem-cell transplantation in high-risk breast cancerMartin S Tallman
Division of Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago 60611, USA
N Engl J Med 349:17-26. 2003..High-dose chemotherapy with autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation has been reported to be effective in the adjuvant setting for patients at high risk for relapse...
- A randomized trial of letrozole in postmenopausal women after five years of tamoxifen therapy for early-stage breast cancerPaul E Goss
Division of Hematology Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 349:1793-802. 2003..The aromatase inhibitor letrozole, by suppressing estrogen production, might improve the outcome after the discontinuation of tamoxifen therapy...
- Late extended adjuvant treatment with letrozole improves outcome in women with early-stage breast cancer who complete 5 years of tamoxifenPaul E Goss
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, 55 Fruit St, Lawrence House, LRH 302, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1948-55. 2008..When the trial was unblinded, patients who received placebo (PLAC) were offered LET...
- Dose-escalation of filgrastim does not improve efficacy: clinical tolerability and long-term follow-up on CALGB study 9141 adjuvant chemotherapy for node-positive breast cancer patients using dose-intensified doxorubicin plus cyclophosphamide followed by Minetta C Liu
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3800 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007 2198, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 34:223-30. 2008..A secondary aim was to assess if a higher dose (10 mcg/kg/day) of G-CSF is more efficacious than the conventional dose (5 mcg/kg/day) in this setting...
- Duration of letrozole treatment and outcomes in the placebo-controlled NCIC CTG MA.17 extended adjuvant therapy trialJames N Ingle
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 99:295-300. 2006..Analyses were conducted to examine the relationships between duration of treatment on MA.17 and outcomes...
- Randomized trial of letrozole following tamoxifen as extended adjuvant therapy in receptor-positive breast cancer: updated findings from NCIC CTG MA.17Paul E Goss
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1262-71. 2005..This report presents updated findings from the trial...
- Efficacy of radiotherapy for ovarian ablation: results of a breast intergroup studyLorie L Hughes
Department of Radiation Oncology, WellStar Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA 30060, USA
Cancer 101:969-72. 2004..In the current study, we report the efficacy of pelvic RT with this dose-fractionation scheme in the induction of ovarian ablation...
- Efficacy, toxicity, and quality of life in older women with early-stage breast cancer treated with letrozole or placebo after 5 years of tamoxifen: NCIC CTG intergroup trial MA.17Hyman B Muss
University of Vermont College of Medicine, 1 South Prospect St, Saint Joseph 3400, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1956-64. 2008..Breast cancer incidence increases with age and more than 1,300 women age 70 years or older were enrolled onto MA.17, making it ideal to explore the benefits, toxicities, and quality of life (QOL) impact of letrozole on older women...
- Efficacy of letrozole extended adjuvant therapy according to estrogen receptor and progesterone receptor status of the primary tumor: National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group MA.17Paul E Goss
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2006-11. 2007..MA.17 randomized postmenopausal women after 5 years of tamoxifen, to letrozole or placebo. We present outcomes according to tumor receptor status...
- Benefit with aromatase inhibitors in the adjuvant setting for postmenopausal women with breast cancerHenning T Mouridsen
Department of Oncology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
MedGenMed 7:20. 2005..Other trials continue to investigate some of these adjuvant treatment strategies...
- Assessment of quality of life in MA.17: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial of letrozole after 5 years of tamoxifen in postmenopausal womenTimothy J Whelan
McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
J Clin Oncol 23:6931-40. 2005..To evaluate the impact of letrozole compared with placebo after adjuvant tamoxifen on quality of life (QOL) in the MA.17 trial...
- The role of aromatase inhibitors as adjuvant therapy for early breast cancer in postmenopausal womenHenning T Mouridsen
Department of Oncology, Rigshospitalet, 9 Blegdamsvej, Copenhagen DK 2100, Denmark
Eur J Cancer 41:1678-89. 2005..A number of trials further evaluating the three adjuvant treatment strategies are ongoing...