Affiliation: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- National environmental health measures for minority and low-income populations: tracking social disparities in environmental healthDevon Payne-Sturges
Office of Children s Health Protection, US Environmental Protection Agency, Ariel Rios Bldg MC 1107A, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Environ Res 102:154-71. 2006..These efforts may aid community organizations, local agencies, scientists and policy makers in allocating resources and developing interventions...
- Closing the research loop: a risk-based approach for communicating results of air pollution exposure studiesDevon C Payne-Sturges
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Environ Health Perspect 112:28-34. 2004..This approach may be a useful model for other researchers conducting exposure assessments in response to community concerns...
- Personal exposure meets risk assessment: a comparison of measured and modeled exposures and risks in an urban communityDevon C Payne-Sturges
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Environ Health Perspect 112:589-98. 2004..Results from our study underscore the need for a coordinated multimedia approach to exposure assessment for setting public health policy...
- Workshop summary: connecting social and environmental factors to measure and track environmental health disparitiesDevon Payne-Sturges
Office of Children s Health Protection, US Environmental Protection Agency, Ariel Rios Bldg, MC 1107A, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Environ Res 102:146-53. 2006....
- Ten years of addressing children's health through regulatory policy at the U.S. Environmental Protection AgencyDevon Payne-Sturges
Office of Children s Health Protection and Environmental Education, U S Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D C 20460, USA
Environ Health Perspect 116:1720-4. 2008....
- Evaluating cumulative organophosphorus pesticide body burden of children: a national case studyDevon Payne-Sturges
National Center for Environmental Research, US Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460 0001, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:7924-30. 2009..Limitations include uncertainty related to assumptions about likely precursor pesticide compounds of the urinary metabolites, sources of exposure, and intraindividual and temporal variability...
- Symposium on integrating the science of environmental justice into decision-making at the Environmental Protection Agency: an overviewOnyemaechi C Nweke
Office of Environmental Justice, US Environmental Protection Agency, MC 2201A, 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20460, USA
Am J Public Health 101:S19-26. 2011..We summarize key discussions and conclusions from the symposium and briefly introduce the articles in this issue...
- Use of point-of-sale data to track usage patterns of residential pesticides: methodology developmentNyree Bekarian
US Environmental Protection Agency, Public Health and Environmental Policy Team, National Center for Environmental Economics, 75 Hawthorne St, MC PPA 1 San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Environ Health 5:15. 2006..This provides a measure of volume of home-use pesticide...
- Environmental health disparities: a framework integrating psychosocial and environmental conceptsGilbert C Gee
University of Michigan School of Public Health, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Environ Health Perspect 112:1645-53. 2004..When not counterbalanced by resources, stressors may lead to heightened vulnerability to environmental hazards...