Judy L Mumford
Affiliation: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Chronic arsenic exposure and cardiac repolarization abnormalities with QT interval prolongation in a population-based studyJudy L Mumford
US Environmental Protection Agency, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Environ Health Perspect 115:690-4. 2007..This acquired form of long QT syndrome can result in life-threatening arrhythmias...
- Increased mortality associated with well-water arsenic exposure in Inner Mongolia, ChinaTimothy J Wade
US Environmental Protection Agency, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:1107-23. 2009..This is the first study to document increased arsenic-associated mortality in the Bayingnormen region of Inner Mongolia...
- Global gene expression profiling of hyperkeratotic skin lesions from inner Mongolians chronically exposed to arsenicKathryn Bailey
US Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Toxicol Pathol 37:849-59. 2009..The results of this study may help define a signature profile of gene expression changes associated with long-term As exposure in the skin...
- Drinking water arsenic exposure and blood pressure in healthy women of reproductive age in Inner Mongolia, ChinaRichard K Kwok
RTI International, PO Box 12194, 3040 Cornwallis Rd, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 222:337-43. 2007..If our study results are confirmed in other populations, the potential burden of cardiovascular disease attributable to drinking water arsenic is significant...
- Residential exposure to drinking water arsenic in Inner Mongolia, ChinaZhixiong Ning
Ba Men Anti Epidemic Station, Lin He, Inner Mongolia, China
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 222:351-6. 2007....
- Chronic arsenic exposure and oxidative stress: OGG1 expression and arsenic exposure, nail selenium, and skin hyperkeratosis in Inner MongoliaJinyao Mo
National Research Council, Washington, DC, USA
Environ Health Perspect 114:835-41. 2006..The results from this study provide a linkage between oxidative stress and As exposure in humans. OGG1 expression may be useful as a biomarker for assessing oxidative stress from As exposure...
- Polymorphisms in the DNA base excision repair genes APEX1 and XRCC1 and lung cancer risk in Xuan Wei, ChinaMin Shen
Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7240, USA
Anticancer Res 25:537-42. 2005..34; 95% CI: 1.16-9.67). We found genetic variants in APEX1 and XRCC1 may alter the risk of lung cancer in a special population in China...
- Detection of p53 and K-ras mutations in sputum of individuals exposed to smoky coal emissions in Xuan Wei County, ChinaPhouthone Keohavong
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health and Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Carcinogenesis 26:303-8. 2005....
- Effects of arsenic on telomerase and telomeres in relation to cell proliferation and apoptosis in human keratinocytes and leukemia cells in vitroTong Cun Zhang
National Research Council, 2001 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:1811-7. 2003....
- K-ras mutations in lung carcinomas from nonsmoking women exposed to unvented coal smoke in ChinaPhouthone Keohavong
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, University of Pittsburgh, 3343 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Lung Cancer 41:21-7. 2003....
- Mutation spectra of smoky coal combustion emissions in Salmonella reflect the TP53 and KRAS mutations in lung tumors from smoky coal-exposed individualsCourtney A Granville
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mutat Res 525:77-83. 2003..The mutation spectra of the extract reflect the presence of PAHs in the mixture and support a role for PAHs in the induction of the mutations and tumors due to exposure to smoky coal emissions...