Janice A Dye
Affiliation: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Nitric oxide and superoxide mediate diesel particle effects in cytokine-treated mice and murine lung epithelial cells--implications for susceptibility to traffic-related air pollutionNicholas D Manzo
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Part Fibre Toxicol 9:43. 2012....
- Elevated PBDE levels in pet cats: sentinels for humans?Janice A Dye
U S Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Experimental Toxicology Division, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:6350-6. 2007..S. adults. Our results support the hypothesis that cats are highly exposed to PBDEs; hence, pet cats may serve as sentinels to better assess human exposure and adverse health outcomes related to low-level but chronic PBDE exposure...
- A hyperlipidemic rabbit model provides new insights into pulmonary zinc exposure effects on cardiovascular healthAdriana J LaGier
Experimental Toxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, USA
Cardiovasc Toxicol 8:195-206. 2008..Furthermore, the study exemplifies the benefits of monitoring circulatory physiology during exposure as well as after exposure...
- Metals mimic airway epithelial injury induced by in vitro exposure to Utah Valley ambient particulate matter extractsInes Pagan
U S Environmental Protection Agency, ORD, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Experimental Toxicology Division, Pulmonary Toxicology Branch, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 66:1087-112. 2003..These experimental findings are in good accord with epidemiologic reports of adverse airway and respiratory health health effects in Utah Valley residents...
- Correlation of brain magnetic resonance imaging changes with pallidal manganese concentrations in rhesus monkeys following subchronic manganese inhalationDavid C Dorman
CIIT Centers for Health Research, 6 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2137, USA
Toxicol Sci 92:219-27. 2006..Pallidal delivery of manganese, however, likely arises primarily from systemic delivery and not directly from olfactory transport...
- Candida spp. urinary tract infections in 13 dogs and seven cats: predisposing factors, treatment, and outcomeBarrak M Pressler
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, 4700 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 39:263-70. 2003..Of five animals with resolution of infection, three did not receive specific antifungal treatment. The authors conclude that correction of predisposing conditions is likely critical for management of Candida spp. urinary tract infection...
- Identification and characterization of an idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis-like condition in catsLeah A Cohn
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Vet Intern Med 18:632-41. 2004..Cats with histologic changes compatible with UIP had signs that mimicked many of the clinical findings of human IPF, and treatment response was similarly unrewarding...